Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tune For Tuesday

Today's tune is "Give It Away" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. What's better than rockstars painted in gold metallics?! This 1991 song gave the Peppers their first mainstream hit and the first of seven Grammy awards. Lead singer, Anthony Kiedis, also released his autobiography called Scar Tissue in 2005.
Enjoy the funky grooves of "Give It Away!"



Check my blog tomorrow for a cool book giveaway contest!



Other cool giveaways!

Carrie Harris is hosting a very funny Snarfy Subtitle Contest.

Brenda has a Crockpot Naming contest with a cookbook prize.

Shelli's Comment Your Butt Off contest is still going on (and my butt does look slightly flatter...).


Also, I finished reading Sophomore Undercover by Ben Esch over the weekend. It was a fun, quick read with a likable underdog main character. And lots of giggles. Lots and lots of giggles. I recommend that you read it! And if you do have the book, take a picture of yourself with it and send it to Ben and he'll put it on his website!

10 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

LOVE this song! I used to listen to the Chili Peppers all the time. One of my friends had the biggest crush on Anthony Kiedis. I was more into watching Flea shred the guitar. Excellent tune for a Tuesday!

Brenda said...

I'm at work and I was listening to your tune for Tuesday and my staff comes into the office laughing at me...I'm tapping my foot and trying to be 'hip'...they are use to hearing piano music when they come into the office...grin...

Great tune and Spring must be in the air with all these contests...

Prince Balthazar said...

I've always like the Peppers. They are completely nuts. Especially Flea.

I love me some bass-playing Flea.

Suzanne Casamento said...

That song brings back great memories of when I was in college in Boston. My brother went to a different school, but we often hung out together.

He bought this CD and played it just about every moment of his junior year. I still picture him dancing around his living room to it every time I hear it. Thanks for the great memory link!

Kim Kasch said...

Love the list of contests - cool.

adrienne said...

I love that song! It's too early to play it 'cause not everyone's up, so I watched part of the video with no sound...now that's pretty strange :D
Thanks for the contest links!

C.R. Evers said...

I love RHCP! Still do. Great song! :0)

Christy

Angela said...

Oh I love this song! I would love to have seen them in concert.

Rena said...

I love, love, love RHCP!

sruble said...

I love that song. DH says that I don't like the Chili Peppers, but I just don't like that one song, on the album I wouldn't buy for him because it had that one song on it (too much radio play and can't get it out of your head and can't even say the title kind of song). I did ask my mom and dad buy the album for him though. That's gotta count for something, right? Sorry for the blather - RHCP are a big issue at our house ;)