Friday, March 27, 2009

Poetry Friday

Wow! I just realized that yesterday was my 100th post! Cool.
For today's Poetry Friday I have an original cinquain about spring. It's been a brutal winter in the Midwest (and more cold coming this week), so I am so happy to see robins popping about the yard and tulip leaves sprouting out of the ground! My kids' spring break also starts this afternoon-bring on the chaos! Actually I'm very much looking forward to full days with no hectic schedules and family fun!


LONG WINTER by Kelly Polark


Cozy

from the cold. I'm

wrapped in my comforter.

I emerge from my warm cocoon.

It's spring!



Check out more poetry links with Julie Larios at The Drift Record today!


13 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Love poetry always have - don't forget to stop by my blog this weekend 'cause I'm going to have a poetry contest to start off National Poetry Month.

Hope you have a great weekend - even it's a cold one ;D

DebraLSchubert said...

Nice poem. You know how I feel about spring given my latest post! Sorry about your bad weather. Just think how much more you'll be appreciating the warmth when it arrives!

adrienne said...

Enjoy spring break! Glad you're starting to thaw out there...

jama said...

Hello, butterfly! Sweet poem :).

Fiddler said...

It is spring, isn't it? It's been cold here this week, too. I like how your poem celebrates the reawakening that is spring. Thanks for sharing!

PJ Hoover said...

Congrats on 100 posts!

C.R. Evers said...

YaY! Happy 100th post!

love your poem! :0)

christy

The Wild About Writing Trio said...

Nice poem, Kelly, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to go wrap myself back up in my coccoon. It's supposed to snow here tomorrow. Oh well. It will be a great weekend to snuggle with the family, sip hot cocoa and watch movies!

Paul Michael Murphy said...

What a fine coincidence--I just taught cinquain poems to my third graders. Here's one of the better ones:

Spiderweb
silky, white
climbing, spinning, trapping
twisted strings
murderous threads

Tee Brown said...

It won't be long now, Kelly.

WELCOME, SPRING!

Brenda said...

Happy Belated 100th post! Love the poetry...

Rena said...

Very cool! We've had a pretty tough winter here in NW MT also.

sruble said...

Great spring poem! I hope it brings the warm weather.

Happy 100.