Monday, March 2, 2009

Tune for Tuesday

I am back in the classroom today after almost ten years. I am subbing at the grade school that I used to teach third and fourth grade. I'm excited to be back in education and to visit with my former colleagues. So I thought today's tune would have a school theme. I searched the internet for school/teacher songs, and this is what I came up with for today.

"High School Never Ends" is a catchy song by the band, Bowling for Soup. Yes, their band name is as silly as are some of their songs! You may have heard their song "1985" that was big a few years ago. In fact, my best friend told me that "1985" reminds her of me due to my fondness for Duran Duran and 80's hair bands!

The "High School Never Ends" video and song are a bit goofy, too. The ending of the video is gross, but other than that, it's a catchy tune!

Listen to "High School Never Ends." NOTE: Don't listen with small children, there is a swear word in the chorus...
Do you agree?

9 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

The two school themed songs that come to mind for me are:

Schools out for the Summer
and
Smoking in the Boys room

Neither I believe would convey the message you are looking for!

Kelly said...

I love those songs!

Rena said...

OMG -- how funny, and sad, but it's true too.

I hope you have a good day subbing today, Kelly.

Ello said...

So how was subbing? Did you enjoy it? Does it make you want to go back?

Kelly said...

Thanks, Rena! Ello, I did have a great day subbing. It was a pretty easy day with a lot of free time actually. I wish I'd brought a book! The best part was visiting with my friends that I used to teach with.

Kim Kasch said...

Now that was funny.

I loved that song but it really should be "Middle School" never ends - because I only wish we could be as grown up as high school ;)

adrienne said...

Fun song, and it sure feels that way sometimes! My favorite school related song is We Are Gonna Be Friends.

Suzanne Casamento said...

As soon as you wrote, "a song about school" I immediately thought, "Hot for Teacher." How could I not???

Kelly said...

That is a classic! Actually our wedding DJ was supposed to play that song for my hubby when we did the goofy take off the wedding garter thing at the reception! (but he accidentally played something else...)