Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I found this survey on my writer friend Ann's facebook page and also on Shelli's blog. I asked my 9 year old son, 6 year old daughter, and 4 year old son 25 questions. Here are their answers. I also printed out their answers and put it in a keepsake box, because some of their answers are so cute!

HOW WELL DO YOUR KIDS KNOW YOU?

What is something mom always says to you?
J9 – I love you.
E6-Brush your teeth.
JD4 - I love you. You’re cute.
2. What makes mom happy?
J9 – Coke.
E6- When we want you to do something.
JD4 – Everything I say.
3. What makes mom sad?
J9 – Dying relatives.
E6 – When there’s yelling
JD4 – I don’t know.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
J9 – By being yourself.
E6 – When I was a baby, you made me laugh real easily.
JD4- You’re making me laugh right now!
5. What was your mom like as a child?
J9 – Ambitious and happy all the time.
E6 – You went to school.
JD4 – Cute. Happy.
6. How old is your mom?
J9 – 37
E6 -37
JD4 - 15
7. How tall is your mom?
J9 – 5 foot 8
E6 – 5 foot 8
JD4 – Almost as tall as Dad.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
J9 – Read us stories.
E6 – Writing.
JD4 – Snuggle.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
J9 – Facebook.
E6 – Writing.
JD4 – Do your workin’ on your computer.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
J9 – Writing.
E6 – Because of your writing.
JD4 – I don’t know!
11. What is your mom really good at?
J9 – Everything.
E6 – Writing.
JD4 – Writing. Playing. Reading books.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
J9 – Playing Star Wars on Playstation.
E6 – Singing. Well, when you look at the words, you’re okay.
JD4 – Fix things.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
J9 – Substitute teach, write, Mom.
E6 – Mom, writing.
JD4 – Write
14.What is your mom's favorite food?
J9 – Tuna salad sandwich
E6 – Chocolate cake!
JD4 – Pasta, mac and cheese
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
J9 – That you’re a nice person.
E6 – When you play with me.
JD4 – When you look at me.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
J9 – Pee Wee Herman
E6 – Minnie Mouse
JD4 – a Power Ranger red or black or white or silver one
17. What do you and your mom do together?
J9 – Read.
E6 – We play school.
JD4 – Do puzzles, lay together, hug.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
J9 – We are both a Polark.
E6 – We both have brown hair.
JD4 – We have brown hair and red lips and a body.
19. How are you and your mom different?
J9 – I’m a boy, and you’re a girl.
E6- You don’t have brown eyes.
JD4- Different eyes.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
J9 – Because you say I love you.
E6 – Because everybody loves me.
JD4 – Because you marry Dad and you started loving me too.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
J9 – He’s a weird guy.
E6 – Because he’s my dad.
JD4 – Laughing at him.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
J9 - Concerts. Potosi and Hayward.
E6 – Teaching.

JD4 – a restaurant like McDonalds.
23. What is your mom’s favorite TV show?
J9 – Nip/Tuck
E6 – Young and the Restless
JD4 – Young and the Restless
24. What do you want to be when you grow up?
J9 - Guitarist
E6 – Model
JD4 – Firefighter
25. What is your favorite time you’ve had with your mom?
J9 – Reading Harry Potter.
E6 – Snuggling with you.
JD4 – Disney World.

15 comments:

Anlyledo said...

So cute and funny! I love it!

Denise said...

That is so cute and funny!

Ann E. Bryson said...

This is awesome, Kelly. I cracked up at JD's answers. So cute and funny.

Brenda said...

This is great! How cute!

poemhome said...

those moments are so precious

Suzanne Casamento said...

Their answers are so ridiculously cute and funny. I love the "everybody loves me" and "Dad's a weird guy." And they totally get your love of writing and concerts. Woohoo! What cuties!

PJ Hoover said...

There is nothing like Disneyworld! Smart kid!

Kim Kasch said...

What is your Mom really good at: Everything.

I love that. My kids would never say that. But..., they would agree on one thing I'm not very good at: singing.

Oh well, "I" can't be good at everything ;-)

Ben Esch said...

Reading this made me wish I had kids so I could give them this survey and they could say cute things about me.

I stopped wishing that pretty fast, but there were definitely a few happy moments in there.

Really neat post, Kelly. Your four year old made me LOL a few times. And that's always nice.

Ben Esch

www.benjaminesch.com

jama said...

Adorable! Love all the references to snuggling, reading and writing!

lyfizgud said...

Kelly, that is the cutest thing EVER!!!! Your 4 year old son's answers cracked me up the most!!! It's very apparent your kids absolutely love you to death...thanks for sharing this!! :)
(I wonder if I should ask Kelli these questions...being 16.5 years old, it could be interesting :)

lyfizgud said...

p.s. love the photo you chose, too :)

Captain Hook said...

That was adorable. I'm going to have to give it to my kids (Boy 11, Boy 9, Girl 6).

sruble said...

Thanks for sharing! It was really fun to read their answers, especially since you put the ages.

ElegantSnobbery said...

Ha! So cute, Kelly! I especially loved this answer - "Do your workin’ on your computer." That is so adorable!