Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tune for Tuesday

Today’s tune is absolutely smashing. I’ve spent way too much time perusing videos this morning to pick the tune. I knew I wanted a Smashing Pumpkins song, because I am going to see them live for the first time this weekend (Woo hoo!). I’ve actually seen lead singer, Billy Corgan, perform already this year. He played guitar on a song (The Chauffeur) with Duran Duran this spring when I was at a Duran Duran concert! It was awesome. I’m pretty pumped to see him perform with the Pumpkins finally.
Smashing Pumpkins, an alternative rock band from Chicago, have so many cool tunes to choose from. Should I choose their newest single, “G.L.O.W.” or an old favorite,“Zero?” “Today” or “Bullet with Butterfly Wings?” There is a plethora of Smashing Pumpkin songs that I like, so I’m just going to go ahead and pick one….
Today’s Tune for Tuesday is “Disarm” simply because I checked my Itunes folder and that is the Smashing Pumpkins song with the most plays on my Ipod...
I just read an article about the band celebrating 20 years of rock n roll! Read it here.
Check it!

11 comments:

Rob Brooks said...

Not only is that one of my favorite Pumpkins songs, but "Disarm" is one of my favorite songs. When I play my Pumpkins greatest hits CD, that's the song I find myself coming back to most often. "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" is one of the best for rocking, though.

Kelly said...

Rob- I almost put "Bullet" for today, just because I tend to go for more rockin songs, but Disarm must be my favorite! Their cover of "Landslide" was my second most played Pumpkins song.

Rob Brooks said...

"Landslide"? Blerg. I think I just have a bad association with the song. [cough] Dixie Chicks! [cough]

Suzanne Casamento said...

Hey now, don't slam Landslide. Remember, it really came from Fleetwood Mac. ; )

Kelly, I like your "Tune for Tuesday" entry. Great idea. I'll have to check back for more great Tuesday tunes!

Shelby said...

Love*Love*Love that song. The most played song on my ipod is Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Just curious what you think of Metallica?? I would like to see/hear them on your Tuesday Tunes!

Rena said...

Cool song. I haven't heard their version of "Landslide" though. I'm partial to FM's version and never got into the Dixie Chicks version.

Thanks for the video clips, Kelly! I always see something new and fun here!

Kim Kasch said...

I really liked the gothic rooftop shots.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, my favorite Pumpkin album. "Zero," "Bullet," "Tonight," "1979," are some of my favorite songs. I wish I was in Chicago! Have fun for me!!

Gottawrite Girl said...

Love Smashing Pumpkins... reminds me of highschool play rehearsals and kissing boys I'd never get to in real life - love it!

adrienne said...

Have fun at the concert!
I'll check out the video later when the rest of the family isn't asleep!

Denise said...

Disarm is one of my favorites too!