Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Challenges

I comment on blogs, and I like it! I am participating in the Comment Challenge from Mother Reader. The goal is to comment on at least five kidlitosphere blogs a day. You keep track of your numbers, and report in on Wednesdays with Mother Reader. On Wednesday, November 26, there will be a final check-in post for the Comment Challenge. I’ve been exploring new blogs, learning new information, and keeping up with my favorite blogs, too! It’s also a great networking tool. Spread the blog love, comment today!
My second challenge is Buy Books for the Holidays! Due to the weak economy, many industries are hurting, and publishing is one of them. This challenge will not only boost book sales, but the love of reading as well! I already shopped at Borders yesterday and left the store with a big ole bag of books for my family members.
My third challenge comes from Rena. She posted a beautiful wedding picture and asked others to do the same. Above is a picture of the day I became Mrs. Polark. It was a 93 degree day in June. The church we got married in did get air conditioning….two days after we married! The reception was a blast - lots of dancing and much love from family and friends. One of the best days of my life! Corny, but true!
Here are a few other pics in my wedding dress...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Join me in one or all three of these challenges! You know you want to!

16 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

What fun photos. I love looking back at the memories we've made throughout our lives.

Five comments, I could do that with my eyes closed. Guess you didn't know, I'm a talker - not always a good thing.

But thanks for the challenges.

MotherReader said...

Well, I set up the first challenge, and I'm going to promote the second. Does that mean I can post a picture of me in my wedding dress? I'll have to find one, but neato.

Brenda said...

Great pics! I love the challenges, you get to see the personality of everyone come out...

I'm all ready on the book challenge. I have started picking up books for family and friends and/or getting gift cards to bookstores...

With NaNo going this month, I don't know if I can add any other blogs to my check-in list, but I will give it a try...

slhastings said...

What! You didn't get married in your wonder woamn costume???

Me thinks you're as silly as I am. Good lord! What if you fell into the pool!

(Our dresses have the same neckline and tulle!)

Gorgeous (and fun) pictures

kim baker said...

I'm with you on the comments and the book buying, but I have to bow out of the wedding picture posting. We eloped to Vegas and the few shots the minister snapped aren't that great. :)

adrienne said...

I see you were up for trashing the dress before it became a fad - love the picture of you under the hood!
I haven't done my book shopping yet but I'm working up to it...

Rena said...

I love the pictures! You look so "tame" here compared to some of the others I've seen you in (like at rock concerts) LOL!

Lindsay said...

Good for you on keeping up on the comment challenge! I lost ground on day 3! Sad, I know. But I can still buy books as gifts! :) Not so much a challenge. ;)

Annette Gulati said...

Love your wedding dress photos! I have you beat on the 92 degrees without AC. I got married on a 100+ in Texas OUTSIDE. Crazy, I know. I'm not in the comment challenge 'officially' but trying to do my part, and books are my gift of choice every year!

Kim said...

Nice wedding pics!
This is my third blog comment this morning and I purchased a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card for my nephew this weekend. I will post your book and comment challenges on my blog.

Kelly said...

Kim- You are always a consistent talker...I mean commenter! :0)
Motherreader- Thanks for the comment challenge, now let's see that wedding photo!
Brenda- good luck with Nano!
SL- You are too funny! I did love your dress!!!!
KimB- any pics with Elvis?
Adrienne- actually I was pretty careful so I didn't ruin my dress...it's now preserved in a box!
Rena- LOL!
Lindsay- you can catch up on the comments, or just go at your own pace, too!
Annette- I guess that means you were one HOT bride! Wow!
Kim - Thanks for keeping the challenges going on your blog!!

Tabitha said...

Great wedding dress pics, Kelly. :) Mine aren't scanned in unfortunately - and my wedding dress was a sari (I married an Indian). If I can beg the use of a scanner somewhere, I'll post them.

C.R. Evers said...

Great picture Kelly! When was this? Like, last year? You don't look like you've aged a bit!

Love the dress too!

Michele Thornton said...

Hello fellow comment challenger! Thanks for the info on the book challenge...I've added that to my site.

sruble said...

Fun wedding pictures! Sorry the church did get AC until after your wedding :( I really like the car fixing pics :)

p.s. I swear I commented on this post already, but I read it the other night really really late, when I was half asleep. I liked the pictures both times.

Kim Kasch said...

I've joined in the Mother Reader challenge too. And, finally, I posted a wedding picture.

One person didn't want to be on the net - so I photoshopped his face out - but the other people thought it would be fun to look back over 25 years.

Great challenge.