Monday, February 15, 2010

Adventures with Critter CONTEST!

Critter had quite an eventful weekend here in Illinois. He experienced a good ole Midwestern snowstorm (he kept warm in a snuggie). Then he enjoyed watching the Olympics opening ceremony (Go USA!). On Saturday Critter watched me scurry my seven year old out to the emergency room to get stitches (she's fine, five stitches on the chin). Then Sunday he dove into his Valentine's bag of goodies. His favorite was the Reese's peanut butter heart. Mmmmm.

We even headed to the big city of Chicago to The Field Museum for some culture. Except his forgetful host family left him at home.
When we came home, we hugged Critter and said how sorry we were. After hearing about the dinosaurs,
Photobucket
giant spiders,
Photobucket
Photobucket
and mummies, he forgave us and said he was glad to have a restful day to watch his soaps instead. After our discussion about The Young and The Restless, we took him on a sledding adventure!
Wheeeee!
Photobucket

Critter has had much fun with the Polarks, but he's ready for his next destination. Would you like to host Critter next? Critter has already traveled blogland to North Carolina, Texas, South Korea, and Massachusetts! Where will he end up next?!

If you would like to take Critter next, you also need to agree to do the following:

1. Post pictures of Critter's shenanigans on your blog. Christy at Christy's Creative Space started Critter on his adventures, so it would be wonderful if you linked to her, too.

2. Host a contest on your blog for Critter's next destination and be willing to pay postage to send him to the next exciting place.


So, who's game? If you are, state that you would like to take Critter next in the comments and what adventures you will take him on. This contest closes on Thursday morning at 8am central time. I will announce the winner that same day!

And speaking of contests, don't forget to check out Elana Johnson's fabulous contest with critiques and her book as prizes! Shelli at Market My Words is cohosting this contest with amazing prizes of her own including books, critiques, marketing package! She has daily prizes too. Holy wow!

20 comments:

lyfizgud said...

Oh my gosh...you never cease to amaze me!!! This is so funny and creative...I'd love to host Critter, but I could never be as creative as you are!!!
I love how you put him safely in a plastic bag while sledding :) I'd love to see a pic of him in the Snuggie, too :)
Thanks for making me smile this morning :)

MG Higgins said...

I think it's time for Critter to visit the West Coast! Far northern California, where we'd visit the giant redwoods and the crashing Pacific Ocean and his fellow "critters" at our local zoo.
(Loved all your photos, BTW. Especially Critter rocking out.)

C.R. Evers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

I would love to host Critter on my blog...but alas he's already been to NC. *sniff*

Maybe he misses it? I'll bet he misses it. Should Critter want to revisit I'm sure he would have great adventures ahead with our family - the beach, the park, walking our dogs...

Are you quite sad to see him go? I'm sure he's created quite a bond...

C.R. Evers said...

YaY Critter! He looks like he had fun and it sounds like it's good that he didn't go to the museum since there were hungry dinosaurs and critter eatting spiders. Scary! :0O

I'll try to blog this either tonight or tomorrow.

Anita said...

I cannot be trusted with Critter. Plus, we don't have an extra car seat. But I like watching him roam. Do you know Ocean Girl? I'd love to see Critter at her place.

Bish Denham said...

Oh, it looks like Critter had a wonderful time! I'm hoping to take him to the Virgin Islands the end of May, so I'm going to pass on this round. I look forward to discovering where he goes next.

Kelly said...

Sue- Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comments!
MG- Can I come with Critter if you're picked? :)
Kristi - We are sad to see Critter go, but actually he's been eating us out of house and home so our grocery bill will be lighter when he's gone. ;)
Christy- We were gone twenty minutes driving in the car, and I slapped my forehead and yelled, "Critter!"
Anita- I don't think I know Ocean Girl, but I bet she lives in a nice place on the ocean...
Bish - I hope you get him in May!

Kelly H-Y said...

I love it! Great Critter adventures and pictures! Your poor daughter ... sorry to hear about the stitches.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Critter can come here and go to the beach with me...but they don't open until June.

Anita said...

I'm sorry I'm a stinker! :)

Jenn Johansson said...

So fun! Critter is cute :)

Laura Pauling said...

Sounds like a fun contest, but I'll pass this time. New England is not the exciting place to be with our - lack of snow!

Kelly said...

Kelly - Thanks! She's tougher than her brothers so she braved through it well.
Jonathan- Maybe Critter can catch you in June!
Anita - :)
Jenn - He is a critter cutie!
Laura - I can send some of our snow your way if you'd like!

Elana Johnson said...

Very cool pictures! I'd need a camera first to play this game. But I love seeing where he goes.

And hey! Thanks for the link to my contest. You rawk!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Aww... Critter is so cute. Loved the pictures!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

thanks for the shout out. critter has more fun than me. Love the hat! :)

Sara McClung ♥ said...

how COOL!!

I'd love to host Critter on my blog! I live in Northern VA and I could take him to DC and show him the monuments and... OMG I will take him to the White House!!! And I'd try to take him down to Colonial Williamsburg and all of the other cool historic VA sites :)

I'm a new follower... so I totally get that you might not know me well enough to keep my end of the bargain, but I SO will! I promise :) If you take a look at some of my most recent blog entries (especially the ones about ARC contests) I think you'll see that hosting Critter is something that would be Right Up My Alley!

Lilfix said...

I would love to host Critter, but I live a pretty boring life...and after seeing all the great adventures he's all ready been on, I would hate to do that to him.

Now, Kelly, if you start to have withdraws after Critter leaves, let me know...I could use the vacation and I doubt anything is boring at your house...grin...

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Kelly!!! YOu won the critique!!! congrads Im so happy for you!!!!!