Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tune for Tuesday

On Friday’s post I mentioned the band Evanescence. Evanescence is a Grammy award winning alternative metal band headed by lead singer, Amy Lee. Today’s song is “Lithium” off their Open Door album that was released in 2006. Amy’s hauntingly beautiful voice resonates throughout this song. The winter imagery in the video is gorgeous, even as I sit freezing my buns off in the Midwest waiting for spring.
Check out "Lithium"




Also, please check out the My Poem Rocks website for a poem of mine about (surprise) music!

10 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

She does have a beautiful voice. Plus I love the poem :)

C.R. Evers said...

ohhh! I love this! I have it on several of my i-pod play lists!

Nora MacFarlane said...

She has an exceptional musicality. I love to listen to her, but I can't listen for long. Her music can really bring me down.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love Evanescence. :)

adrienne said...

I love her voice!

Big Plain V said...

Pretty slick poem, Kelly. Less is definitely more in this case.

(still can't watch the freaking videos - I need a professional nerd)

Solvang Sherrie said...

She has such a powerful voice -- I love listening to her. And your poem is great!

Rena said...

Awesome song! Off to check out your poem too ... :)

Brenda said...

I'm with everyone else...love this and her as a singer...thanks for sharing...

Suzanne Casamento said...

I love your poem and totally get what you mean about singing in the car to rid yourself of anger. Works every time. Rock on!