Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tune for Tuesday Concert Review

Heeey! I'm back in blogland! How goes it, peoples? I had a great vacation and Easter holiday with family (which I'll elaborate on in another post). I came home just in time to go to a concert! I hadn't been to a concert since November!!! That's a very long break for me, so I was very excited to go. My friend, Shanon, my mom and I went to The Brat Stop, (yes, the Brat Stop) on Friday night to see Australian band, JET!
A local band, Penguins with Shotguns, opened. They were more of a scream metal band, but not bad. My oldest son would like them. We did get the CD for free, because during the JET concert, the guitarist of PwS seeked out my mom in the crowd and talked to her and handed her their CD. I said, "Um....can I have one?" So I snagged one, too!
After the armed penguins, Crash Kings came on. They were a very talented trio with piano and great vocals. Their song "Mountain Man" is number one on the alternative rock charts right now.
Then JET came on! Five Australians in black skinny jeans. They were very Beatle-esque looking, which is probably why my mom kept stammering, "They are drop dead gorgeous!"
Photobucket
JET were energetic and fun to dance to. We planted ourselves close to the stage and except for the annoying drunk couple in front who decided to thrash and take up five times more space then needed to grind and flail their bodies about, the concert was awesome! JET played hits like "Are You Gonna to be My Girl?," "Black Hearts (on Fire)," "That Girl's A Genius," and many fun hits from their new album. I knew a lot of their songs, but they have such catchy beats, I enjoyed the new ones, too.

Here's my fave tune of the night: Black Hearts (on Fire) from JET's Shaka Rock album.




15 comments:

Kimberly Franklin said...

Yay for concerts!! That band sounds amazing. I'm going to check them out on ITunes now!!

storyqueen said...

Okay, the fact that you go to scream-metal concerts with your mom is really , really cool.

Shelley

Anita said...

Welcome back!

Why did the guy in the band notice your mom?

Kelly said...

Kimberly - They are a fun band!
Shelley - My mom loves concerts almost as much as I do!
Anita - Thanks! I don't know! We were guessing that maybe because she was dancing and just looking like she was enjoying the concert....and she really did look extra cute on Friday. A few guys were eyeing her that night!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Kelly, I wanted to know the same, thanks for answering Anita's question!
Hey, way to get back in the swing of things, and I didn't even go anywhere and my laundry is piled high!

Laura Pauling said...

Glad you had a good break! We missed you. Welcome back!

adrienne said...

Glad you had a fun vacation. Welcome back!
The Brat Stop - great name!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Welcome back from your vacation! Goodness you go to lots of concerts!

Kelly said...

Tina- I'm doing laundry as I type this!
Thanks, Laura!
Adrienne - Thanks, and great to see you out and about on the blogs!
TerryLynn - I do love my concerts!

Bish Denham said...

Cool Kelly. Welcome back!

MG Higgins said...

Welcome back! I had the same question as Anita about your mom, so I'm glad you answered.

Kelly said...

PJ- I like forcing my kids to listen to my music til they like it. :) Though I've listened to my fair share of Imagination Movers and Veggie tales. (which I do think are fun)
Thanks, Bish!
MG- We thought it was funny that he went through the crowd and handed it to my mom! I'm sure he handed some out to other people, but to target a 60 yr old woman for a scream rock CD is funny! (though she does look much younger)

Denise said...

Great post! The Crash Kings sound a little like the White Stripes. I like them! Y fuego! The boys from Jet are cuties!

Susan Fields said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - it was great to see you there!

The Wild About Writing Trio said...

Love JET! Sounds like a great time was had by all.
In regards to the drunk couple, we were in front of a drunk pair at our last concert. The good news is that they went to get more beer after the opening act and never found their way back to their seats :)