Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tune for Tuesday Concert Review

Heeey! I'm back in blogland! How goes it, peoples? I had a great vacation and Easter holiday with family (which I'll elaborate on in another post). I came home just in time to go to a concert! I hadn't been to a concert since November!!! That's a very long break for me, so I was very excited to go. My friend, Shanon, my mom and I went to The Brat Stop, (yes, the Brat Stop) on Friday night to see Australian band, JET!
A local band, Penguins with Shotguns, opened. They were more of a scream metal band, but not bad. My oldest son would like them. We did get the CD for free, because during the JET concert, the guitarist of PwS seeked out my mom in the crowd and talked to her and handed her their CD. I said, "Um....can I have one?" So I snagged one, too!
After the armed penguins, Crash Kings came on. They were a very talented trio with piano and great vocals. Their song "Mountain Man" is number one on the alternative rock charts right now.
Then JET came on! Five Australians in black skinny jeans. They were very Beatle-esque looking, which is probably why my mom kept stammering, "They are drop dead gorgeous!"
Photobucket
JET were energetic and fun to dance to. We planted ourselves close to the stage and except for the annoying drunk couple in front who decided to thrash and take up five times more space then needed to grind and flail their bodies about, the concert was awesome! JET played hits like "Are You Gonna to be My Girl?," "Black Hearts (on Fire)," "That Girl's A Genius," and many fun hits from their new album. I knew a lot of their songs, but they have such catchy beats, I enjoyed the new ones, too.

Here's my fave tune of the night: Black Hearts (on Fire) from JET's Shaka Rock album.