Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poetry Friday

April is National Poetry Month! Many bloggers are celebrating by having daily poetry posts.

*Greg at Gotta Book is featuring Thirty Poets in Thirty Days this month.

*Tricia at The Miss Rumphius Effect is hosting Poetry Makers. She is sharing poems and interviews from various poets. She also regularly offers a Poetry Stretch on Mondays for bloggers to practice different forms of poetry.

*Jama Rattigan is hosting a Poetry Potluck this month. Each day a poet is sharing a poem and a favorite recipe.

Check out their wonderful past and current poetry posts this month! This weeks poetry roundup is at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast today.
*Jama was kind enough to feature me in her Poetry Potluck this week. You can check out my poem "The TV Speaks" and pasta recipe here! My pasta recipe is served chilled and great for the summer!
I saw this guy's band in concert last night. Any guesses who it is? Hint: he's an actor/musician.

Photobucket

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! I am off for a writer's retreat with my best friend, Becky, for the weekend. Let's hope we will get some writing in between the giggling and talking!

18 comments:

Tina Laurel Lee said...

That sounds wonderful, Kelly. Thanks for all the linkage. And dis you have a fauxhawk at the concert!! Pictures?

I don't know who it is. But I am going to make a google inspired guess: Val Emmich???

jama said...

It was so much fun posting your poem and recipe, Kelly.

Is that Colin Farrell in the photo?

Laura Pauling said...

I have no idea who the singer is!!

Enjoy the writing retreat. Get a lot done!

Dawn Simon said...

How fun about your writers' retreat! Writing, giggling, and talking with your best friend...it doesn't get much better than that. :) And oh--I like your poem!

Susan Fields said...

Is that Sting in the photo?

I also wanted to let you know that I'm already a follower on your blog, or I'd definitely be signing up as a new follower. I wasn't sure if you knew that or not so I thought I'd mention it.

Have a great writer's retreat! :)

Kelly said...

Tina- It ended up being a sort of faux hawk. I'll post pics next week! And I googled Val and after seeing who he was, good guess!
Jama - Thanks again, and it's not Colin...(but he was in a movie with Colin)
Thank you, Laura and Dawn! I'm looking forward to it!
Thanks for following, Susan (and it's not Sting...)

Anita said...

He looks like Draco Malfoy.

In honor of Nat'l Poetry Month, I'm writing Tracy's newborn son a fart poem. Since I've never had gas in my life and am not a poet, this is proving challenging. If you've got any advice, please share it. :)

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Anita, such a pleasure to read your comments!

Kelly said...

Anita - I think that's a great idea, but I'm sure PMM would be the most helpful with that. But here's one tip: Fart rhymes with start and heart.
I agree, Tina! She always makes me smirk or giggle!

Elana Johnson said...

A writer's retreat?? So not fair! Have a great time.

Thanks for all the poetry links. I'm not much of a poetry fan, but it's sort of growing on me.

Anita said...

TINA: :)
KELLY: I'll let you know when the poem is complete! Heart and start, I'll remember those goodies.

Rena said...

Have fun and thanks for the links!

Laura said...

Have fun at your writer's retreat, Kelly!

Thanks for sharing your poem. It was fun to read!

Laura Evans
all things poetry

Jackee said...

Great links, I'll have to check them out.


And you have a wonderful weekend as well!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Happy Poetry Month to you, too, Kelly. I paid tribute to Poetry Month on my blog,WRITING IN THE CROSSHAIRS, like you.

You might find the two haiku's I wrote for my two fantasies pleasing. And then is the photo of my Haiku Cat that might make you laugh.

As a courtesy only here is the link to that post
http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2010/04/haiku-gesundheit.html

Have a healing, surprisingly happy weekend, Roland

Ann Marie Wraight said...

AaaHH poetry!

I love to read it but unfortunately can't write it. Recently, I have discovered Emma Drydens blog and I usually end up posting her poems on my FACEBOOK. She's REALLY LOVELY and GRACIOUS both as a poet and person! Check her out anyone who loves this genre!

Thanks for the other links Kelly.

Have a super weekend with your LOVED ones.

Christina Farley said...

Poetry! Wow. I'm so not a poet but I love to read poetry. Have a great weekend at your retreat. Tell us all about it when you get back.

Suzanne Casamento said...

Of course I know who that is! I see him all the time. ; )

Okay, seriously, all those poetry links are awesome. Thanks!