Monday, March 8, 2010
Oscar Wrap Up
Ahhh, the glitz and the glamour of the Oscars. Ahhh, I love watching the Oscars in my pajama pants. What did you think of the Oscars? What was your movie pick? Which dress was prettiest? I seriously only saw Avatar and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in the last year so I'm not qualified to guess who should win. But I am qualified to make sarcastic comments and casual observations.
Eleven Random Thoughts While Watching the Oscars
1. I love Neil Patrick Harris, but I'm sorry to say I fast forwarded through his musical number (sorry, Barney!). I was just trying to be efficient. I don't have time to seriously sit through the whole dang show...
2. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are hilarious! Steve Martin is a favorite comedian of mine. He reminds me of my dad, with his quips and dry humor. They were funny all through the night. My favorite line as he waved his arm toward the audience introducing celebrities, "Here are the Inglorious Basterds.....and here is the cast of Inglourious Basterds."
3. Ryan Reynolds is lookin' good....but is it me or does he look just a little too manicured? Still looks pretty darn good though. I have to see Blind Side. I got all teared up just watching the promo. (He introduced the clip.)
4. Awesome John Hughes montage. He had so many memorable movies with memorable lines. I saw all those movies numerous times. My favorites were Vacation and Weird Science. I liked seeing the Brat Pack stars. Man, Judd Nelson looks rough... I thought I saw Demi Moore in the audience..why wouldn't she be in that ensemble?
5. Zoe Saldana is so tiny! Love her sparkly bodice!
6. OMG, a blue Ben Stiller! Perfect for Best Makeup. That guy will do anything!
7. Fun Horror Montage. I'm a chicken and do not watch much horror, but I saw many of the movies in the montage. I must have been braver when I was younger. Did you see the young Johnny Depp from Nightmare on Elm Street in it? There was a quick flash of Matthew McConaughey too (from the 1994 Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre which I rented right after seeing Matthew in A Time to Kill...). This was an awesome montage, but I don't get why they threw it in there for the Oscars...Anyone? Bueller?
8. Loved the James Taylor song during the Memoriam part. Very classy to have him sing and strum while showing the images.
9. Sam Worthington is Australian??!!
10. Gerard Butler and Bradley Cooper presenting together? The category must be Dudes who dated Jennifer Aniston. (Thanks, Alicia...)
11. Wow. Sandra Bullock won! She seems sincerely overwhelmed and thankful, but still cute and funny.
My best dressed pick is Maggie Gyllenhaal. I loved the bright color blue of her dress, and it fit her perfectly. Many pretty dresses, but nothing really wowed me this year though.
Best hair: Cameron Diaz. She hasn't had long locks in a while. Her longer hair looked pretty down and swept to one side.
Best makeup: Miley Cyrus. I thought her eyes looked gorgeous. The brown palette of eyeshadow rimmed with black and nude lips complemented her beige gown perfectly. Though she seemed to have too much foundation, overall the look was lovely.
Worst dressed: Mariah Carey. Yikes.
Here is a complete list of the winners. (Who do I look like? Billy Bush?)