Friday, April 10, 2009

Poetry Friday

Did you know that April 4 was Tell A Lie Day? I actually forgot about it that particular day, but I did write a poem about it a few months ago! There are actually e-cards for Tell A Lie Day! If you feel bad for lying on April 4, National Honesty Day is April 30. This day is to remind people that honesty is the best policy, and to try and tell the truth all the time (all the time that is except for April 4!).

Please check out my poem about Tell A Lie Day in the April issue of Stories for Children magazine here!
This week's poetry roundup is at Carol's Corner!

9 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Absolutely LOVE it - who wouldn't want a lion for a pet?

Rena said...

What a cute poem, Kelly! Congrats!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Hilarious! My birthday is national honesty day! : )

Lori Degman said...

Cute poem Kelly!

Brenda said...

Love the poem! Great job with it!

sruble said...

Fun poem, thanks for sharing! Congrats on getting it into SFC magazine.

I never knew about Tell A Lie Day, which is probably a good thing. ;)

Marinela said...

Nice poem,I love it!
Thanks for sharing!

Ello said...

AW Kelly that is an absolutely awesome poem!!! Too cute! My kids love it!

Fiddler said...

Fun poem, Kelly--and it looks great with the illustration!