Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tune for Tuesday


I'm not a sap. I am so not a romantic. But today's Tune for Tuesday is more of a love song. "Love Remains the Same" is the first single from Gavin Rossdale's first solo album, Wanderlust. Gavin Rossdale was the British lead singer of the 1990's group, Bush. Bush had many hits including "Machinehead," "Glycerine," and "Little Things." You may also know Rossdale as Gwen Stefani's husband; I enjoy Stefani's music as well, especially her No Doubt days.

Rossdale's solo album isn't as heavy as Bush's music, but does have some of the same 90's grunge, angsty feel to it. I chose "Love Remains the Same" this week, because I seriously cannot get this song out of my head! The chorus is quite memorable. I find myself replaying it on my Ipod over and over. Another great song from his album is "Trouble I'm In."

But first take a listen to

8 comments:

Rena said...

Damn. That was really sad. I kept hoping Gwen would pop up any minute. I think she's awesome.

Thanks Kelly -- great song!

Brenda said...

Great song! I love the deep hoarse voice...that is sooo sexy...Plus he's cute to look at...that always makes a song better...grin...

adrienne said...

Loved it! I might have to add it to my tunes to listen to while working. I haven't added anything lately. Thanks!

Kim Kasch said...

I liked that one. My taste is for quiet 'cause my whole life has been filled with a heck of a lot of noise.

Kate said...

Great song, great voice!

Kelly said...

Rena- She'd have been a good addition to the video..I've never seen him in her videos either.
Brenda - Oh, I agree! :0)
Thanks for checking it out Kate and Adrienne!
Kim- I know your taste in music is so different than mine, I'm glad you enjoyed this one!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I enjoyed this song. Great voice, great images!

From Sharon, a newbie blogger, who wishes she knew how to choose an identity other than anonymous.

Denise said...

Nice song! And I didn't know he was in Bush...