Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Tune for Tuesday


Today’s tune is from one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters. Foo Fighters was formed in 1995 by Dave Grohl, the drummer of Nirvana. On the first Foo album, Grohl played every instrument and sang every vocal on the tracks. That is one talented feller! More members were added when Foo Fighters went on tour. “This is a Call” and “Big Me” were some of the hits from that first album.
I always enjoyed hearing Foo Fighters songs on the radio, but I never bought a CD until 2002 after I heard the song, “All My Life” from their fourth album, One by One. I played this CD over and over and now own most of the Foo Fighters collection on my Itunes. “All My Life” won a Grammy for best hard rock performance. You’ll see more of Foo in future Tunes for Tuesday…many of their music videos are hilarious.
This one is rock n roll-plain, loud, and simple.
I love the beginning guitar riff of the song…
Click to hear.. All My Life

Done! Done! On to the next one! Done! I’m done, I’m on to the next…

11 comments:

Rena said...

That's a great song. Seeing the Forum (in the first shot) brought back some memories, as I've seen a lot of concerts there.

Cool video clip, Kelly -- thanks!

Brenda said...

My son is a big Foo Fighters fan...wow, say that 3 times fast...grin...

Good song...

Kim Kasch said...

I've always been more for quiet music - maybe because, growing up in a house with 9 kids, it was always so noisy inside.

Here's one of my favorites:

”Rufus Wainwright”

sruble said...

Thanks for the song! I like the Foo fighters.

"On the first Foo album, Grohl played every instrument and sang every vocal on the tracks."

I knew he did a lot on the first album, but I didn't know that. Lucky he was able to find band mates.

Kelly said...

Yeah, I was pretty much raised on rock n roll. My mom had Beatles albums and always a rock station on the radio!
Thanks for sharing your song, Kim. Very pretty and soothing!
When my kids were babies, I'd make sure they had a mix of music, more soothing lullabies or classical!
Rena-where is the Forum? Looks like a cool place to see a show!
Brenda- Foo Fighters Fan, Foo Fighters Fan, Foo Fighters Fan!:0)
Sruble- Isn't that crazy? Grohl is pretty darn talented!

Carrie Harris said...

That IS a great song. Although I can't help wondering what would have happened if he hadn't added extra band members when he toured. Would he have rushed around the stage trying to play all the instruments at once?

adrienne said...

Great, edgy song.
Now I'm more of a Rufus fan, like Kim.

Maverick Mercury said...

the foo fighters rock.

must. add. to. iPod playlist. now.

your beast of burden,

mm

Ello said...

I really like them also! Good song!

And thanks for popping by my blog! I recognize your model like photo from other blogs! Did anyone ever tell you you have a million dollar smile? Nice to meet you in bloggy land!

Kelly said...

You, too, Ello! And your check is in the mail for the nice compliment!:0)

Denise said...

My love for the Foo Fighters started with this CD too. I heard it for the first time in your car on the way up to Hayward.