Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tic Tac Oh!

My kids and I occasionally play tic tac toe. It is a great way to keep them busy while waiting in a restaurant. My children are generally pretty well behaved while eating out. Which is great, because my husband and I love to eat out! Tic Tac Toe is much more fun than some of the shenanigans my kids have pulled at a restaurant....crawling under the table, whining two minutes after they order, "When will my food get here?", my youngest talking in his usual SUPERLOUD voice (poor guy has to, he has to talk over four family members older than him), my daughter making true, but inappropriate observations about other diners...You get the point.
Back to tic tac toe...it's a fun, simple way for all ages to pass the time. A friend emailed me a cute tic tac toe game on the computer. I had all three kids try it out...they were surprised at how much more exciting tic tac toe can be on the computer. It 's a great way to procrastinate.

Try it out! Tic Tac Toe

Don't forget to comment to let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

My parents carried one of those peg games...it was in a triangle and you had to move the pegs around and you were rated on how many pegs you left on the board...that use to keep my sis and I busy...

I couldn't get into the link you posted, I'm having a little trouble with my computer, so I will have to try later...

Rena said...

ROFL @ your daughter making true, but inappropriate comments about other diners. OMG! My kids do that too. We also play Tic-Tac-Toe with the boys when eating out. How funny.

Like Brenda, the link isn't working for me either.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! I was able to get to the link. funnny! Yes, I agree, this version is much more exciting!

christy

Kim Kasch said...

OMG Kelly - I don't need any more reasons/ways to procrastinate. I'm really good at one thing and that's finding reasons to procrastinate anything I don't want to do - like laundry, dishes, sweeping.

So, what could one little game of Tic-Tac-Toe hurt?... or twenty-five ;-)

sruble said...

What a great solution to waiting for dinner. The online Tic Tac Toe is scary ;)

Ello said...

The never ending tic tac toe games! Argh!!! Yes actually it is very good for the kids to wait. But actually as long as my kids have paper and pencil to draw, they are very very good!

adrienne said...

Once we learned the secret to winning Tic Tac Toe it kind of ruined it for us.
To pass the time in restaurants when my kids were little, we used to empty out three of those little creamer cups and play hide the Cheerio.

Carrie Harris said...

We're all about the tic tac toe. Although my son still has problems with Xs, so our games are more like Ts versus Os. :)