Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is Halloween.

My family loves Halloween. We enjoyed trick or treating yesterday in the neighborhood. It was a colder Halloween than years past, so halfway through I left the kids with the grandmas and ran and got the car. The houses in our neighborhood are far apart, so it was worth it! My ten year old son wanted to trick or treat alone with his fifth grade friend, but I'm not ready for that yet. They sometimes walked a few steps ahead of us, but I really don't think they minded sticking with us after all. His friend also spilled the beans that my son has his first girlfriend. As if Halloween isn't frightening enough!

So what did the Polark family dress up as? My oldest son J-Man went as some scary pumpkin face guy, my drama queen daughter went as a movie star, and my youngest son went as Star Wars clone trooper, Commander Fox. I was a punk rocker complete with lip curl and tattoos. My husband was a convict in an orange jumpsuit.
As I was putting the children to bed Friday night, the door bell rang, hubby went to answer it, made some screams and yelled "Escaped Convict!". My daughter jumped out of bed to see (she's the brave one - or she doesn't know what a convict is). Hubby then ran upstairs in his orange Department of Corrections jumpsuit. I was more annoyed than scared as he riled up the kids, but the last two nights I've had escaped convict nightmares. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Last night we had our usual family Halloween bash. Fun costumes and lots and lots of good eats (and great leftovers for lunch today, my husband couldn't stand it and ate some for breakfast already). I had Whoppers and Halloween cookies for breakfast. The huge basket of leftover candy keeps taunting me. I think I'm going to keep myself busy by putting the Halloween decorations away in the huge three tubs for storage. I love Halloween, but holy crow, Thanksgiving will be here before I know it!
Hope you had a fun Halloween weekend too!
Here's a few fun pics:
My kids plus a friend trick or treating.

Photobucket
Our front porch (I missed out on pumpkin carving this year...but they sure turned out cute!)
Photobucket

10 comments:

Lilfix said...

Great pumpkins! We don't get into Halloween around here...no small children in the house...we decorate for the fall season, but that's it...I miss trick or treating with Son...I miss the candy! Not the cold nights...grin...

DebraLSchubert said...

Awesome pictures! I love Halloween, too, although we didn't dress up. I love giving out candy to the little ones and decorating the house inside and out. You make a great punk rocker, btw. ;-)

MG Higgins said...

Those houses ARE far apart. I would have gotten the car, too! Great pictures. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. We had more kidlets at our house than usual, which I was glad to see. Seems like every year more families are going to organized community events rather than trick-or-treating door to door.

Nora MacFarlane said...

Love the pictures and pumpkins!

My daughter turns 12 this month, so I don't know how many more Halloweens we have left. My husband takes the kids around the neighborhood while I stay home and pass out candy. I love it! We used to get literally hundreds of kids each year at our door, but this year we only had about 60.

WordWrangler said...

great pics of you and the fam! (the one of you is priceless. ROCK ON!)

hugs,
Donna

PJ Hoover said...

Love the costume! And the escaped convict/nightmare thing is kinda funny :)

Christina Farley said...

I had to laugh at your husband. He sounds like a funny guy. Great pictures too!

Solvang Sherrie said...

My husband wore the black and white striped convict outfit with a clown wig and scary clown makeup. Oddly enough, we ran into a LOT of psychopathic clowns. Go figure. I was punk rock girl last year :D

adrienne said...

Great costume! Your front porch looks great, too - I also missed out on the carving - my kids have taken over...

Glad you had a fun Halloween.

Keri Mikulski said...

Great pics!! :) Thanks for sharing. :)