Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is Happiness

Today's Tune for Tuesday is by Gavin Rossdale -lead singer of 90's rock band Bush, current solo artist, and husband of Gwen Stefani. Gavin will also be on the TV show Criminal Minds on CBS Wednesday. My sister and I went to his concert last week (review in a few), and it was awesome! He is an amazing frontman (and a cutie to boot)!
Here are a few other contests to check out!

Wow! Women on Writing is holding their fall 2009 Flash Fiction contest. Deadline is November 30! (My entry is titled Temptation and is a little saucy!)

Word Wrangler Donna at is having a free prose poetry contest. You can win a Nikki Grimes poetry book! This contest ends today!

Sherrie has even more contests listed on this blog post!

And for Star Wars geeks like me, Hasbro is having a contest for the best diorama using Star Wars figurines. (I wish I had time to enter this one...)

A big thank you to author Rena Jones! She sent me a beautiful Yellowstone book and a yummy candy bar for winning her photo caption contest!

Here's a bonus Gavin video with Gavin actually in it, too. He has his shirt off in it. (I seriously yelled "Take your shirt off!" at the concert. I'm not proud of myself. My sister told me to yell it louder, which made me laugh because at the Motley Crue concert we attended together, she was disgusted with Tommy Lee and his pleas for girls to lift up their shirts!)

15 comments:

jama said...

Gavin, take off your shirt!!

Love your video, Kelly. Good luck with the contest :).

P.S. Is it wrong to drool over a hottie when I'm old enough to be his mother?

Solvang Sherrie said...

Kelly, that video is wonderful--I hope you win!

And I'm with your siser: Gavin Rossdale without a shirt sounds way better than Tommy Lee and a bunch of topless women!

Kelly said...

Thanks, Jama. And no you are absolutely not! :)
Thanks, Sherrie! I'm with you and my sis, too!

Sliding on the Edge said...

THe video is sweet and I understand your not wanting to keep it up. Good luck on the contest. And speaking of that, I think I have to do one of those again. It's been a while. Thanks for the nudge.

WordWrangler said...

Be sure and let us know if you win!

denise said...

Love both videos. And great choice for the Gavin video (because he has his shirt off).

Kelly said...

Thanks, Sliding. I'll be looking forward to another one of yours!
Donna-Will do! I'm not even sure when the contest ends!
Denise-That is precisely why I chose that video!

Lilfix said...

What a great video!!! You have a beautiful family...Good luck with the contest...Hugs...

Anita said...

Wow! Great video...I don't know how you found the time to make it.

Your sister sounds funny!

I am so out of it, I don't even remember the band Bush. Were they good?!

Ray Veen said...

Great video, Kelly -- the one of your family, not the shirtless guy.

What video editing software do you use? Those transitions were pretty cool.

Kelly said...

Brenda-Thank you!!
Anita-It was actually pretty easy to make since all my pics are already on my computer. And yes, my sis is fun! And Bush was a great group in the 90's, lots of hits!
Ray- I used Animoto for the first time because of the contest. It was pretty easy actually!

Kim Kasch said...

Those kiddos are sooooo cute. You'll have to win - but even if you don't, you're obviously already a winner in the game of Life :)

Keri Mikulski said...

Love the video.. :)

And love Gavin - yummy. :)

Sharon Mayhew said...

Kelly,

I went to Adam's website. Very nice...author and illustrator.

Christina Farley said...

Congrats on your contest. And by the way, you look great in purple!