Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bloody Good

Yes, yes, yes. I’ve been sucked into the vampire hype. First, I started watching HBO show, True Blood, last year. Wow. It’s campy, it’s funny, it’s suspenseful, it’s graphic. I love that show. The second season ends on Sunday, and I am so disappointed that I won’t be watching new episodes after Sunday (which I'll actually watch Monday because we are having people over for the Bears game Sunday night). The characters are such….characters! Sookie is strong and unique. Vampire Bill is such a protective Southerner. Eric the Nordic vampire somehow got even better looking this season. Jason is a riot. Tara has the most athletic body I have ever seen. Mariann was perfectly cast. I could go on and on. If you haven’t seen it, start with the first season DVD.
I actually just finished the first book this series is based on, Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. (I’m holding the book in above picture. Do you like my Tru Blood t-shirt?) Great book, but I do wish I’d read it before the series. I always like reading the book first then the movie, this is no exception. I do think the series does the book justice and even elaborates well on other characters. But I will try and catch up on the books before the next season hits.
I read the Twilight series in February and March of this year. My sister just recently read through the four books in a week! I did enjoy the series. Eclipse was my favorite. And I’m Team Jacob. I’m a dog lover, and he’s just not as controlling as Edward. Not that Edward isn’t dreamy… The movie was good, not great, but good. I will go see New Moon in the theaters this fall!
Also, I will watch the new fall show, Vampire Diaries, to get my vamp fix. In fact I'm going to watch it after I post this blog. I know it won’t be as good as True Blood. But it will have to do.
Photobucket
Like my other vampire tshirt? If you can't read it from the pic, it says, "Only vampires can love you forever." Here I am holding not a vampire book, but Prada and Prejudice by Blueboarder Mandy Hubbard! I won it on Tabitha’s blog recently. Thank you, Tabitha! I have actually never read any Jane Austen. I am going to read Pride and Prejudice then this book. Just in case there are any fun parallels. I’m looking forward to it!
Are you into vampires too?

19 comments:

Shelli said...

vampire diaries "sucked" me in tonight.

PJ Hoover said...

Congrats on the book win! I love your matching pose. You always look so happy!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I don't think I've read or watched anything with vampires, except The Graveyard Book. But I can't wait to hear about Prada & Prejudice :)

Kim Kasch said...

Oh I LOVE vampire books. Now I'm on to Undead and Unwed series - hilarious!!!!

They are by Mary Janice Davidson - very campy.

Loved True Blood too and Twilight - can't seem to get enough.

Love your pics

Kiki Hamilton said...

Hey Kelly - have you read the House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast? My daughter LOVED them. I've yet to read them, as the leaning tower of books to be read keeps getting higher.... *sigh* Prada and Prejudice is in the pile too!

Kelly said...

Shelli-I have to retape it on another TV, my satellite receiver keeps freezing! ARGH!
PJ-Why thank you!
Sherrie-I'm looking forward to reading it!
Kim- I may have to check that series out sometime. We like a lot of the same books!
Kiki-thanks for the recommendation!

Carrie Harris said...

Of course I am. :) But you knew that already, didn't you?

Lilfix said...

I got hooked on Vampire diaries the other night also and I love reading and watching anything with vampires...love the pics...

Anita said...

I've told you my vampire story, right? Was totally afraid of them as a kid. My mom told me to cover my neck with a blanket and they couldn't get me. Spent the next 20 years of sleep with a blanket over my neck, no matter the temp. Thanks, mom. So now, I only tolerate vampires. My oldest daughter loooves them, though...but she also is team Jacob.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love the pics!! Enjoy! :)

Sophia said...

Congrats on your win. Hope you enjoy. :)

Suzanne Casamento said...

I love True Blood and have been thinking about reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. Now that I know you read one and I liked it, I may have to get them!

nikki said...

I told you so!!! :-) I knew you'd love the book. Don't worry - there's plenty of time for you to read read read and get ahead of the show! I blew threw all of them. Now I gotta find another good vampire novel....

adrienne said...

Love the second t-shirt!

Angela said...

Oh I just finished reading Prada and Prejudice! It was a great book. You'll love it!

Anita said...

KELLY: Off topic here, but I'm taking Oldest Daughter to her first real concert this weekend (Jason Mraz at Red Rocks) and I'm wondering if you have any tips on how to make this a super awesome first concert experience for her.

Rena said...

Vampires are too scary for me. I remember watching Blackula one Halloween with a friend and being totally freaked out. LOL -- I'm such a wimp.

Ron Smith said...

I love True Blood, too.

And, I have to admit, I watched the premiere of Vampire Diaries. It's Gossip Girl meets True Blood.

But...

It was fun!
I really liked it.

My wife and I like to watch silly teen shows now and then, like Gossip Girl and Vamp Diaries.

Somehow, they can be a great distraction from all the crazy stuff after a busy work week.

Christina Farley said...

Too funny! I never read a vampire book either until Twilight. I really did like the series and can see why it sells. It's innocent in many ways but not. Ha! That makes a lot of sense.

I read Prada and Pred. on the plane and thought it was cute. I'm a HUGE Jane Austen fan.

Loved your shirt. You look adorable in it!