Sunday, May 3, 2009

VaVaVroom!

Today I spent the day at a huge motorcycle rally called the Ironhorse Roundup. My sister owns a women's motorcycle apparel business called VaVaVroom, so my mom and I helped her sell her cool stuff in a booth at the event. If you want to check out her online site click here, or you can visit her blog here.
I don't ride a motorcycle (I'm Cautious Kel), but my sister does (she's much more adventurous than I am). She turned her passion into a business. The event was packed with motorcycles and people. There was a moto cross show throughout the day. We were astounded by the tricks these brave fools could do. Here's a pic!
Photobucket
Bands played throughout the day. Vince Neil, the lead singer of Motley Crue, even sang for the crowd. I bailed on my sister's booth so I could rock out to some of my favorite songs. Her booth was close to the stage, so a nice fella let me into the side stage to watch close up. Here's Vince minus the Crue. If you remember the 80's band, Slaughter, they were his bandmates for this gig.
Photobucket
A fun day spent with family (and thousands of strangers).
Here's me with my sister and our mom!

Photobucket

NaPiBoWriWee Update: I am not progressing very far in my picture book writing with my busy weekend. I did start a poetry book and have about 1/3 done, so I did accomplish something. I think it will be pretty tough to achieve the goal of seven books in seven days. But I will still try. It's a good motivator!

16 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

How fun - hanging with the girls.

Big Plain V said...

Next time you see Vince, tell him Ray says 'wattup?'

Lori Degman said...

Sounds like a fun day! Does your sister ever go to the Blessing of the Bikes at Starved Rock? I don't ride either (I'm cautious too) but it's a lot of fun!

I gave up on NaPiBoWriWee - not enough time!

DebraLSchubert said...

Kelly, It looks like you had WAY too much fun, GF! Hey, stop by my blog when you get a minute. I left you something.;-)

Word ver: litype - pretty cool.

Christina Farley said...

You have such fun times! Today a band arrived that will be performing at our school. I can't remember their name now! But I got to talk to them for a while and I thought of you! I was thinking how cool I was- hee hee- almost as cool as Kelly. :) Smiles.

Color Online said...

I love bikes! I wish I had bought my own. Now, I'm old and fat and broke. lol

Love your post. Thanks.

Kelly said...

Kim-It was a fun girls day out!
V- Of course! :)
Lori- I will ask her if she has been there. I wouldn't be surprised if she has! I know about the PB, it's a terribly busy week for me! I figure if I get one done, it will be an accomplishment!
Debra-I'll go to your blog next!
Christina-That sounds like a fun day for the students!!!
Color Online- You're never too old!

adrienne said...

I love the name of the business!
Sounds like a fun day.

giddymomof6 said...

LOL! ok so how cute are you??? And I love love love your dancing blog below! How fun! I come over from Debra's blog. I was one of the award winners too! Love your blog! Jenni

Solvang Sherrie said...

How wonderful to be able to make a living doing what you're passionate about. Congrats to your sister and to you for trying the NaPiBoWriWee :^)

C.R. Evers said...

awesome! And how cool that you can do that w/ your sister!

Great pictures!

Keri Mikulski said...

Looks like a great time! ;)

Paul Michael Murphy said...

You're a lot cooler than me and I resent the hell out of it. Motorcycles and Vince Neil, does it get any more Americana than that?

Kelly said...

Adrienne-I think the name is so cute and catchy too!
GiddyMom-Thanks for stopping by, I will go to yours too!
Thanks, Sherrie, my sis was a banker for many years and finally loves her job!
Thanks Christy and Keri!
Murph-I'm glad that I may come off as cool, because I really have a quite (wonderful) dorky side!

Anita said...

That was so much more fun than my Sunday!!!

Denise said...

Thanks for all of your help Kel!