Monday, December 15, 2008

Tune for Tuesday

The rock/ska band, No Doubt, reached mainstream success in 1995 with their album, Tragic Kingdom. I remember getting that CD for Christmas that year and playing it over and over. My favorite song from the album is “Just A Girl.” Today’s tune is by No Doubt. “Oi To The World” is No Doubt’s contribution to A Very Special Christmas 3 compilation. Proceeds from this album go to Special Olympics International. The very successful Special Christmas series has raised more than $55 million for Special Olympics. The California punk rock band, The Vandals, originally recorded "Oi to the World;" their friends, No Doubt, covered it with great success.
You may recognize the lead singer of No Doubt as Gwen Stefani. Gwen is an awesome vocalist and all around good role model for girls with her successful music and clothing career and her stable family life.
I’ve been having fun checking out rockin’ Christmas tunes this week, so I’ll have a Tune for Thursday this week as well. Next week’s Tune for Tuesday will be my favorite Christmas song.
But first check out No Doubt!

6 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Very fun video. The songstress is very pretty and talented. And, what cute little cars too.

Thanks for sharing. And Special Olympics is such a cool cause.

:)

Gottawrite Girl said...

Yes, I agree!!! Go you and your cause!! I've always worked for the arts or a nonprofit, and it's really important to me. Any way to contribute, even if it's just showing up to cubicle-land... helping a cause is always a good thing!

adrienne said...

Fun video!
I tried to play a Very Special Christmas album in an office years ago, and someone yanked it out of the player and yelled, "This isn't very Christmasy!" It still makes me laugh to think of the fit she threw!

Rena said...

I love No Doubt -- Gwen is awesome. Thanks for sharing this song, Kelly.

Suzanne Casamento said...

Great pick! No Doubt rocks. They can go from totally hard core to poignant. My favorite is Simple Kind of Life. It gets me every time.

C.R. Evers said...

Fun!!!

BTW, I tagged you in the scrap honesty meme! :0)

Christy