Thursday, December 4, 2008

Poetry Friday


I am a newbie to Poetry Friday, so thank you for allowing me to participate in this Poetry Lovefest! Today's Poetry Friday roundup is hosted by Mommy's Favorite Children's Books. Come check out all the cool poetry links for today!


My tree is up. Snow is on the ground. I am bundled in a sweater. Winter weather is here! During the holidays, I so enjoy gazing at all the beautiful lights on houses as I drive from place to place. It seems to make my night driving a little more cheerful, a lot more bright! My hubby put lights up along our house a few days ago.




Photobucket

HOLIDAY LIGHTS HAIKU by Kelly Polark


Lights twinkle at me.
Vibrant colors shine the way.
They welcome me home.




Photobucket

Our Polar(k) Bears

12 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

I love all the lights too!

Love the ornament image!

Great poem! :0)

Have a happy Friday!

Christy

Rena said...

Your house looks great, Kelly! I need to take a picture of mine. I love your polar bears too!

My family loves to drive around and look at lights. This is something we've always done. However, it's a little more freaky here because there are so many deer. It's hard to look at lights and keep your eyes on the road in some places.

I loved your poem!

adrienne said...

Lovely poem and pretty decorations! My husband hates hanging lights so much I gave up asking...

Shelby said...

Your house is very pretty!

I have 2 Christmas trees up this year, one in the foyer and one in the living room. But we rent our house so I'm not sure about hanging outdoor lights.

Gottawrite Girl said...

Twinkle at me. It's perfect! They are charmingly pop-ful. And, as always, your photos... awesome. I still need my friends to get my pictures into my computer. : )

Tisha said...

Your Poem and photos leave me longing. I moved to Central America and it just seems odd putting up bears,deers and other cold climate creatures when it is 90 degrees outside.

Kim Kasch said...

We have two trees this year. The most we've ever had is four. One for each of the kids' rooms and one for the front room.

Can you tell, I love Christmas?

jama said...

Welcome to Poetry Friday, Kelly. Happy Holidays!!

Brianna Caplan Sayres said...

Love the poem, Kelly!

(I participated in my first poetry Friday a few weeks ago. Isn't it fun?)

Brianna : o )

Suzanne Casamento said...

Thanks Kelly. There aren't any houses decorated by me. I'm in LA and even after being here for 14 years palm trees never REALLY feel like Christmas to me.

Your post just sprinkled a little holiday magic my way. : )

Carrie Harris said...

You are more organized than me. That's all I have to say about that.avis

Denise said...

I love the poem and the pics!