Thursday, November 4, 2010

This and That Thursday

1. My house went on the market on Monday! The house is just about perfect, and the cleanest I've ever seen it. I even bought a St. Joseph statue to bury in the yard (thanks for the reminder, Anita!). I have to admit I cried when the sign went up. I love this home and area so much. But I know we will be happy in cheeseland once we sell this house and are settled there.


2. Thank you to Ishta Mercurio for an awesome critique of one of my picture book manuscripts! I won a critique at her blog, Musings of a Restless Mind. She gave me such valuable advice and suggestions!



3. I also won a critique from Marcia Hoehne. I'll be sending her the first 1000 words of my middle grade manuscript soon. Thanks, Marcia!


4. AWESOME CONTESTS!
*Jen Daiker at Unedited is having a superdeeduper contest on her blog! Enter to win a $65 CSN gift certificate!!

*Susan Fields is having a Back From Hiatus contest. Win your choice of a great non-fiction book that will help you write much gooder!
*Don't forget about Candyland's I Heart Joy Like Br80 contest! A fabulous cause with fabulous cash prizes and concert tix - yes, concert tix to a band I love, too (New Medicine, baby)!
*Marcia Hoehne is giving away Sara Pennypacker's Clementine, Friend of the Week!
*Kimberly Franklin is giving away a signed, yes, signed copy of The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney! Plus bookmarks!

5. Next Friday I will have a guest blogger. Breakthrough author Stephen Tremp will give tips on Writer's Block! Make sure to stop by to check it out!


6. Now that my house is ready, I can get back to my writing!!! I am finishing that middle grade manuscript once and for all! I even finally stopped by The Practice Room again for a session yesterday. Yay!



7. Remember a few weeks ago when I said I wanted to see a certain band? (Okay you don't, but I did, darn it.) Well, soon after I found out they would be playing nearby in December!! I finally get to see My Chemical Romance live for the first time!!! Yay! Here's a preview of their next single, "Sing." Did I mention that I named a character in my middle grade after the lead singer? Did I also mention that the lead singer is an author of a comic book series titled The Umbrella Academy? And I get to see him in concert!!!!!!









What are you excited about?

32 comments:

Jen Daiker said...

Wow! Thanks Kelly for the awesome shout out, but I love all the other links as well!!!

Yay for putting your house on the market! Though it'll be sad I do hope you're able to sell fast!! Beautiful photo!

Candyland said...

Yay for your house! And Jen! And My Chem!!!!!!!!

Bish Denham said...

I can see why you'll miss your "old" home. Looks sweet. Congrats on the crits. And YOU GO GIRL! I know you'll have a fab time at the concert.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on all accounts! Moving is always tough.

Christina Lee said...

I hope St. Joseph works! ;-)

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I couldn't begin to imagine leaving this house, it would be simply heart wrenching. Houses do have hearts, perhaps yours has kept a slice of your heart within its memories.

CJ xx

Matthew Rush said...

Lots of great news here, thanks for sharing Kelly!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Your excitement is palpable! Your house looks lovely. It looks like a hard place to leave. You seem to do transition do well. And it was fabulous that you found time for The Practice Room - but even more fabulous that you found time for your manuscript. Enjoy the cleanliness while you can - I always write best when my house is clean (which is almost never)!

Kelly said...

Jen- Yeah, I hope it sells fast too!
Candace- I am just so psyched for My Chem!!!
Thanks, Bish! I do love my home;lots of great memories!
Alex- Thanks! The major projects are done now the hard part is waiting for an offer!
Thanks, Christina. Me too!
Crystal - I agree. So many wonderful memories here. All of my babies grew up here!
Thank you, Matthew!
Tina- Thank you. I am excited that my house is so clean! I seriously have never seen it like this! And yes, now I can get to that manuscript!

Stephanie Blake said...

Good luck with all your showings! I hope the perfect family finds your home.

Jessica Bell said...

Thanks for all the info! Candace is doing such a wonderful thing, dontha think?

Drop by and enter my CELEBRATE THE LITTLE THINGS GIVEAWAY!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Kelly, I've been thinking about you. Moving is realy hard. You're being very brave and positive.

Kepp rockin' on!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on getting your house ready....I know it sounds easier than it really is. I'll say a prayer for a quick sale and an easy transition for you guys...

I know you'll do fine with your sunny personality!

Kim Kasch said...

It's so much work to get ready. Now you have to sit back and wait. It's not EZ.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and you can start writing again - YIPEE! That will take your mind off the waiting.

Anita said...

I'm sure your house is fabulous...someone will love it just as much as you. And I'm sure St. Francis will help.

Good luck with the move and the writing...I'm cheering for you!

Anita said...

I'm sure your house is fabulous...someone will love it just as much as you. And I'm sure St. Francis will help.

Good luck with the move and the writing...I'm cheering for you!

DEZMOND said...

I loved the first album from MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, the one with a lot of symphonic music, but then they kinda disappeared, what happened to them? They had amazing videos as well.

Angela Ackerman said...

I hope your house sells fast, Kelly. I know this is a sad time in one way, but there will be so many adventures waiting for you in your new digs!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Kelly said...

Steph, Thanks, me too!
Jessica- She certainly is!
Suz- Thanks! Positive is my middle name. Well, not really, it's Renae. :)
Thank you, Sharon! I do feel relieved that the major stuff is done!
Kim- I am definitely going to dive into my writing while waiting!
Thank you, Anita!
Dezz- They are still fairly popular in the US. New album comes out in a few weeks!
Angela- Thank you! I know great adventures are ahead!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Thanks for the link! :) And I wish you a quick and painless sell for your house!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

WOW! Congrats on winning that crit! That sounds awesome!
I'm also giving away 6 books on my blog. thanks for the other links!

Laura Pauling said...

You sound very busy. I think everyone should move every 5 years just to declutter their house! Such a bitter sweet but exciting time!

Kelly said...

Thank you, Kim!
I'll check out your contest too, Terry!
Laura- I do love getting the clutter out!!!

Lydia Kang said...

We're trying to sell our old house too. Exciting but stressful. Hope you find a buyer soon!

Carolyn Abiad said...

Good luck selling your house!

Elana Johnson said...

Doh! I've forgotten all about The Practice Room. I used to have such fun there.

Congrats on getting the house up.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Oh, wow, tons of cool contest. Thanks, Kelly, for all the links. :D

Susan Fields said...

Thanks for mentioning my contest, Kelly! And way to go on getting your house up for sale - that's an enormous task! I'm excited because my brother-in-law's been out of work for over a year and we just found out he's got a new job - hooray!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Holy smokes! Super contests!!

Congrats on getting that house on the market. I know how much it hurts to say goodbye to a beloved home. But I know you'll love your new home too. It's all about family, right? You'll take the memories with you.

Thanks for all the links, sweets! And good luck with that sale!

cleemckenzie said...

Congratulations on your contest win. That's wonderful. Good luck with the move. Moving always strikes terror in my heart, but you're braver than I am.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Good luck on putting your house up for sale. Glad you can get back to writing.

I am looking forward to a few days off here and there over the next couple of months and am hoping to write more.

Rena said...

Good luck with your house as well as finishing that MG!