The last thing I wrote was a comment on a blog. I'm participating in the Comment Challenge, so I'm commenting even more than usual! I've found some great new blogs already!
2) Write poetry?
Absofreakinglutely. I love poetry.
3) Angsty poetry?
I'm not an angsty person. Most of my poetry is fun. But I've written a few.
4) Favorite genre of writing?
So hard to choose. I love to write poetry. I have five picture book manuscripts completed (3 are poetry collections) and one chapter book manuscript. I hope to try YA one day...
5) Most annoying character you've ever created?
6) Best plot you've ever created?
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
I like the sort of plot twist that I submitted for a short story contest recently.
Occasionally, but thankfully not frequently.
10) Do you type or write by hand?
Both. Most of my poetry is by hand. Longer stories are typewritten.
Most of it!
Yes, yes, yes, I do. I go back to ideas, how 'bout you?
My rhyming rock 'n roll ABC book and my current WIP chapter book, Rock 'n Roll Princesses Wear Black.
Oh! And my Halloween parody picture book!
So far the Halloween parody picture book. It's very catchy. But I've had more people read that one, too.
15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
I generally do modern day.
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
2 - one poetry book I've set aside for a few months and finishing revisions on my chapter book
18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?
19) What are your five favorite words?
ginormous, fantabulous, ridonkulous, spathetic, awesomage
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?
The mom in my chapter book
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Usually not, but I recently dreamed the beginning of an interesting book. I have the general idea written down now in a notebook.
23) Do you favor happy endings?
Yes, but it's not mandatory.
Yes, I'm a former teacher!
25) Does music help you write?
No, because I end up singing to it. I do get ideas for poetry sometimes from songs though.
"The bats go flying one by one..."