Sunday, January 17, 2010

Golden Globes Wrap Up

I watched the Golden Globes last night (well, most of it, I missed the first half hour). Did you? I love seeing the TV stars and movie stars all together in one place, but mostly, I love seeing the beautiful gowns!
I'm not going to list the winners (who do I look like, Billy Bush?) See winners of the night here.
Here's my usual
Random Thoughts While Watching the Golden Globes
1. I adore Neil Patrick Harris! Jane Krakowski's dress is darn cute, too.
2. I read this week that Michael C. Hall has cancer. Great to see him come out and win tonight. I watched the first two episodes of the first season of Dexter this year, and they were awesome! I need to rent the full seasons soon!
3. Darn! Sookie didn't win best actress in a TV Series Drama! Julianna Margulies won for The Good Wife. I have heard that series is well, good.
4. Cher and Christina Aguilera! Both look pretty great (though one has had much more plastic surgery than the other...). "I Want to Come Home" by Paul McCartney was my fave of the nominees for Best Song.
5. Jennifer Aniston looks fresh and glowy! Did she brush off Gerard Butler or was that a joke? I'm thinking they were joking around.
6. Yow! Halle Berry looks hot!
7. Wow! Scorcese has made some tremendous movies!
8. Good to see Jodie Foster. Haven't seen her in a while.
9. The Hangover won! I haven't seen many movies in 2009, but I did see this. It made me laugh, and it kept me in suspense!
10. Who doesn't love Sandra Bullock? She seems like such a genuine person. Purple is a unique choice, but it's a lovely gown on her.

Random Quotes from my children while they watched a half hour with me
1. "That's Han Solo?????" - JD
2. "So many old people on this show." - J-Man
3. "Tell me when Han Solo is on again!" - JD
4. I told them that Drew Barrymore was Gertie from ET. Lil Missy says, "I see that ET is old then."
5. J-Man did get excited to see Brendan Fraser and Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson).

Best Facebook/Tweet Quote during the Globes:
"In that room tonight, how much money do you think has been on plastic surgery (face, boobs, lips) in total. Millions!" by Shelli of Market My Words.

Best Dressed: Ginnifer Goodwin. Loved her cute short do and vibrant blue dress.
Best Dressed in General: I'm an LBD kind of girl, so I loved all the simple, but sexy black dresses on Jennifer Aniston, Jane Krakowski and Julie Bowen.
Best Makeup: Olivia Wilde (though I'm sure she'd look beautiful in no makeup) She is auctioning off her dress to benefit Haiti.
Best Makeup 2: Jennifer Morrison (I am partial to red lipstick if you may have noticed) Didn't love the dress though.
Misses: I wasn't a fan of Julianne Moore's gown nor the ruffles of Chloe Sevigny.

If you watched, who do you think the best dressed celebrity was? What was your favorite movie of 2009?

25 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

Haha, great thoughts! Drew Barrymore is one of my personal favorites.

Heather Kelly said...

I'm with JD--Tell me when Han Solo is on again!

Anita said...

I didn't watch, because I'm feeling sort of sick of everything, but I do love NPHarris (funny) and all your children's comments. I think plastic surgery is looking really stupid lately. Oh, and my mom and I love THE GOOD WIFE.

Tina Lee said...

I am not so much in the know on anything. But I do know Han Solo and Drew Barrymore and that plastic surgery is stupid. At least in most cases.

Angela said...

We just watched the Hangover last night. I loved, loved, loved it! Would like to know where the chicken came from tho!

Jonathon Arntson said...

I think I know where the chicken came from

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=7488

Kelly said...

Jonathon- She seems like a sweetie.
Heather- I had a huge crush on Han Solo/Indy when I was a young girl!
Anita- I agree on the plastic surgery, it seems that when you can tell you had it, something is wrong!
Tina- Agreed.
Angela- Now I can't remember seeing a chicken?! Was it in the hotel room?
Jonathon- There was a bear in the beer cooler this year in the grocery store at our fave vacation spot! (I saw it on the news, not in person!)

lyfizgud said...

Hey Kelly...I think all of your comments were "right on" except I thought Zoe Saldana's dress was EXQUISITE and I thought the host stunk...love Sandra Bullock and I thought Monique's speech was so special...and was it me, or did George Clooney look bored out of his mind? ;) ha!!

Rena said...

I don't watch any of those award shows. That's mostly because I rarely watch the movies. I come to your blog the day after to get the updates! ;) And, I LOVE your kids' comments!

madelyn said...

And here is your kidlit tie-in: Neil Patrick Harris does the audio CDs for the Henry Huggins books. And he's GREAT there, too =)
I love awards shows.

Margaret Ann Abrahams said...

I forgot to watch the Golden Globe Awards. But my favorite movie of the year - I thought the Wrestler was brilliant. What a fun blog you have - and thanks for commenting on mine!

Bish Denham said...

I don't watch the award shows. I'm really not into celebs and their patting each other on the back.

That said...there's something for you, Kelly, over on my blog.

MG Higgins said...

Your comments make me wish I'd watched it, but ... now I don't have to!

I told them that Drew Barrymore was Gertie from ET. Lil Missy says, "I see that ET is old then."

:)

Kelly H-Y said...

LOVE the Random Thoughts and Random Quotes! I was SO excited that Sandra Bullock won too!

Keri Mikulski said...

Your kids are too cute. :)

I agree with your best dressed pic - Ginnifer looked amazing. :)

Christina Farley said...

These are great! I don't get a chance to see these being overseas so thanks for the low down.

My favorite movie? Maybe Shanghi Kiss?

Kelly said...

Sue-this is probably George's 200th award show! I missed Monique's speech!!!(Heard it was touching)
Rena-This was the first time they ever saw a bit of an awards show like that. They weren't impressed.
Madelyn-When I make it big, I want Neil to do the audio for my books! :)
Margaret-Heard good things about that movie!

Kelly said...

Bish-Thanks for the award! :)
MG- I do tape it and fast forward through boring parts...It's a long show!
Kelly- Sandra deserved it and seemed very sincere.
Keri- Now I want to go and buy something in that color blue!
Christina-I haven't heard of that one!

Kathy Martin said...

I was doing a little channel surfing and happened to tune in as Neil Patrick Harris and Jane Krakowski were presenting. He made some sort of joke about being in comedy because he had a high forehead. I didn't get it and surfed to another channel. I don't watch enough TV or movies to know who many of the people were. Give me books!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Yes, books are the best, no contest. But, you cannot tell me that you didn't see NPH on Doogie Howser, M.D., that's what the big forehead comment is referring to.

Shelli said...

the han solo comment was hilarious! ha!

Kim Kasch said...

I love seeing the designs of the dresses - they are so creative

Suzanne Casamento said...

Awesome thoughts! I agree with you. But I also didn't get the weird bursts of sparkly things on Drew Barrymore's dress either. Did you?

Hannah said...

My thoughts were: Yikes, James Cameron needs a haircut! And, I love Sandra Bullock wearing purple!

I really only watched the red carpet time and then caught the moment when Michael Emerson (I'm a LOST fan) DIDN'T win for playing Ben Linus. Bummer.

Myra said...

I was shocked by how excellent Jodi Foster looked. Does the woman age?