Friday, January 15, 2010

Poetry Friday


I have a problem.

My husband told me about a cool word game a few weeks ago. I told him I was too busy to try it. He insisted that I would love it and to try it. And so this week I did try it (like a dutiful wife would).
What did I get myself into?! The game is on Lumosity and it is called Word Bubble. I love words, so he knew I would love this game. I bookmarked it. Then for three days I ignored making dinner (thanks, hubby), ignored a few regularly watched TV shows, ignored prime writing time, ignored my children at one point or another (sorry, babies), and I stayed up way too late. My eyes ached from staring so intently at the computer screen. All because of this freaking game.

I would only stop at night because my computer battery would die (I'm not kidding). I'd drag myself to bed and try to sleep, but I only saw words floating in my brain. If I had an extra few minutes, I'd tell myself I'd have time to just do three games. Only three. Three turned into ten. And so on.

Thankfully I had writing group last night, so I didn't play for all hours (and I actually accomplished something. I finished my final revisions on my manuscript. YAY!). So I told myself today that I HAD to get more done. I would not play. But I did. I can't help it. I am getting better. I played less than three tries today.

I wish I knew how to quit you, Word Bubble.


Would you like a love/hate relationship with a word game? The object of the game is to write as many words as you can that begin with the three letter combination given. You can only write so many four letter words, five letter words and so on in a given amount of time. Try it! You know you'll like it. It really is challenging and fun. Here's the link to WORD BUBBLE!
Edited to add: So I've been playing this game over and over, and I just realized the correct name of the game is Word Bubbles NOT Word Bubble. Close, but as you can see my brain is a bit strained...


A LIMERICK

There once was a game called Word Bubble
I brainstormed words on the double.
I racked my brain.
It drove me insane.
I swear that game’s only trouble!

Find better poetry than this at the Poetry Roundup at Great Kid Books.