Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tune for Tuesday/Scream 2009

Have you voted for the Scream 2009 Awards?? Do you love horror, science fiction or fantasy? Vote for your favorite movies, TV shows, songs, and more! Click here to vote! You can then watch the results on Spike TV on October 27.
I had a hard time choosing some categories as I’m a True Blood, Harry Potter and Twilight fan. I found I leaned toward Harry Potter votes though more than any other. Fun voting except they do have comic books represented which is cool, but not other books (which is not cool as many of the movies nominated come from awesome books!). I chose Harry Potter's Bellatrix for Best Villain, True Blood for Best TV Show and Robert Pattinson for Best Breakthrough Performance (I had to, it's Edward! Though I'm Team Jacob...but he wasn't in Twilight as much as he'll be in the next movie).
For Best Scream Song 2009 I voted for this song, today’s Tune for Tuesday.
It’s a remake of Bob Dylan’s “Desolation Row” by one of my fave bands, My Chemical Romance. One of my characters in my latest WIP, Rock 'n' Roll Princesses Wear Black, is named after the lead singer. This song is from the Watchmen soundtrack.


14 comments:

Big Plain V said...

I clicked the thing to vote, but then I got impatient. If anybody calls you to ask what I would've voted for, tell them I freaking worship the Graveyard Book.

Kelly H-Y said...

Love the name of your WIP!!!

Bish Denham said...

Well the band and the audience is certainly scary enough, but...(I must be an old fuddy duddy)their take on Dylan's song didn't do a thing for me.

Kelly said...

V-That is such an excellent book! But unfortunately (and surprisingly) no books are up for voting, just comic books.
Thanks, Kelly!
Bish- I have yet to check out Bob Dylan's version, I need to do that. (But I do love this version, but I do love hard rock music).

The Things We Carried said...

I love how you do these Tune for Tuesday posts!

Keri Mikulski said...

Love the title!! ;)

Anita said...

Husband keeps saying "I hate Bellatrix!!!"...sometimes completely out of the blue. Good "Best Villian" vote fer sure.

Kelly said...

Thank you, Meredith and Keri!
Anita-She is such a great villain in the book. Helena Bonham Carter also plays her perfectly onscreen.

MG Higgins said...

Ha! I'm laughing at Anita's husband. That is an excellent book title.

Sophia said...

Kelly, I wish I could say that I love horror, but I am sorry. Too much for me. :) But have at it! I'm not offened. Say...you might be interested in my upcoming magical halloween party I am having...

Please stop by my site to read the formal invitation and sign up via Mr. Linky at the bottom of the post. :)

It's going to be fun!

http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-magical.html

adrienne said...

Best Scream Song is a fun category.
I like the title of your WIP, too!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go vote!

Angela said...

*gasp* I did not know about this! Thank you!!!

WordWrangler said...

I am so NOT a fan of scary. I can't even play hide and seek without screaming. (I'm not joking.)

I like bob dylan songs, though. I'll have to check out those lyrics.

hugs,
Donna

p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog post/contest. I'll look forward to seeing your clerihew!