Thursday, June 11, 2009

Poetry Friday

School's out for summer, and my fourth grader (who received all A's again, yay J-Man!) brought home all kinds of cute projects and art from the year on Wednesday. I loved how his teacher incorporated poetry throughout the year. One of these projects was to illustrate a poem. Like his mother, J-Man enjoys silly poetry.


Here is Jack Prelutsky's "I Have a Pet Tomato" from his book, It's Raining Pigs and Noodles.


Colorful illustrations by my favorite nine year old.



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Check out some more wonderful poetry at Critique de Mr. Chompchomp today!




12 comments:

jama said...

LOVE J-Man's illustrated poem. And yay for the great report card!!

Kim Kasch said...

Love the pet tomato and I hope I'm like Ruth: reading and writing into my 90s.

I popped over and read her poem. I like the line "eat the air"

I hope I'm doing that into my 90s too.

:)

Rena said...

Oh, I love J's illustrations!

Rhonda said...

Way to go Josh!!!! congrats on the straight A;s

adrienne said...

Cute drawings!
I'm off to Mr. Chompchomp's because I just love that name...

Color Online said...

Another fun post. Happy Friday!

Big Plain V said...

That's super-cute, Kelly, and I'm not just saying that. I find children's artwork to have a sincerely beautiful, almost heartbreaking quality.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Kelly - Fun illustrations! We were thinking along the same lines today :)

Bish Denham said...

Oh wow! That is precious cool!

Suzanne Young said...

Hey, Kelly. Can you email me to arrange for your prize. :-)

Thanks,
Suzanne

Keri Mikulski said...

Too cute! Congrats on the straight A's, J-man! :)

Lilfix said...

Wonderful illustrations! Congrats on the great report card!