Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chelsea Lately

Book signing + champagne + laughter + stand up = FUN
Photobucket

Yesterday my friend Sue and I went to Chicago to see the quick-witted Chelsea Handler. Chelsea has two shows on E! - Chelsea Lately and After Lately. If you haven't seen her on TV, she is blunt, inappropriate, but funny as heck! Chelsea is also a best-selling author, and we attended a book signing for her latest, Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me which is cowritten by Chelsea's family and coworkers. I'm sure it will be filled with crazy stories about this crazy girl.

Here's Chelsea at Macy's signing. She signed 500 books including ours! She looks exactly like she does on TV and shares the same dry sense of humor with her fans.

Photobucket
After the signing, we went to her standup show which also featured comedians Brad Wollack, Heather McDonald, and Josh Wolf from Chelsea Lately. Sue and I laughed and laughed. We both decided Heather and Josh were the funniest of the night.

Photobucket
Here's a clip from her popular show on E! with the very funny Will Ferrell. And for Lola and Carol click here with her interview with Jared Leto. And speaking of Carol and Jared, I'll be seeing both (plus Erica) at another concert in a few weeks! No blood will be shed like last time.


My top five comedians are Joel McHale, Daniel Tosh, Chelsea Handler, Will Ferrell, and Tina Fey. Who makes you LOL? (Sidenote: My dad thought LOL was "Lots of Love" until recently...)


Want more laughs? Monday is Lydia and Leigh's Laughter is the Best Medicine blogfest! Don't be a fun hater -sign up here!

17 comments:

Donna Earnhardt said...

You have such a cool life! :) Be assured, she will one day say, "I met Kelly Polark!" :)

You rock, girl. Seriously.

Anita said...

Fun! My daughter rides the bus with a girl whose mom thought LOL was lots of love. When the girl's grandma died, the mom texted, "Grandma passed on. LOL."

Anita said...

I watched the whole interview. Hilarious!

Stephanie Blake said...

She is super funny. I'm reading Lies, now. Have you seen her interviews with Justin Bieber? So cute.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Aw, I love you. I hadn't seen that interview. She's so funny, but poor Jared seemed slightly uncomfortable (or was it just me?).

What a cool adventure you had in Chicago! So neat you got to meet Chelsea and see her live comedy. I bet it was memorable!

Kelly said...

Donna- I don't know about that, but thank you! :)
Anita - Oh no!!! That's terrible and funny at the same time! And yes, both Will and Chelsea are hilarious.
Steph - I have seen the JB interviews and was toying whether to post that one or the Will Ferrell one!
Carol - Jared seemed so softspoken, didn't he?! And yes, a memorable, fun night!!

Monica Mansfield said...

This sounds like so much fun. I love Tina Fey & Will Ferrell too. I also get hysterical whenever Vince Vaughn rants.

Lately, I have been all about Dean Winters as Mayhem in those AllState commercials. Love Mayhem!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

500 books? wow, I can only dream...

Suzanne Casamento said...

I love that you're having so much fun. And I can't believe you're going to see Jared - again!

Lots Of Love!
;)
Suzanne

DEZMOND said...

Betty White always makes me LOL :)

Debra Lynn Lazar said...

Chelsea is the funniest woman alive. I love her to pieces. I've seen her twice doing stand-up and read all her books, except her newest. (Which I'll inhale in a couple of hours, no doubt!) Good for you - what a fun experience that must have been!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like fun. Love your choice of comedians. Most of them are mine too. Maybe not Tosh though my husband and daughter love him.

Susan Fields said...

Ooh...thanks for sharing that Jared Leto video! I don't think I've ever seen him in an interview before. He's funny!

Lydia K said...

She's a no-holds-barred kind of comedienne. I like that she's really gutsy!
I'm looking forward to your Monday post! Woot!

cleemckenzie said...

Some days laughter is the ONLY medicine. Nothing better than a book, movie or TV episode that makes me laugh.

Tony Van Helsing said...

I personally like Dylan Moran, Chris Rock and the late Bill Hicks.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Chelsea Handler cracks me up, but I really like Will Ferrell and Tina Fey. And Chris Rock. Just to name a few. Glad you had such fun!