Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tune for Tuesday

Last week I saw one of the best live bands ever, Papa Roach, for the third time this summer! Seriously, I've seen many bands live and they are by far the best! Lead singer, Jacoby Shaddix, can get the crowd crazy! (In fact, I was bumped by moshers a few times during the concert). My mom, my hubby's aunt Beth, my friend Shanon and I Photobucketwent to the Congress Theatre in Chicago to rock it out.
Here's a super short clip of a song that may be about Paris or Lindsay...and it shows how pumped up Jacoby gets the crowd!

They started the concert with "Kick in the Teeth" from their just released album. I love it, especially when having a hard day. One time I played it 12 times in a row on our way home from Wisconsin (I wasn't having a bad day, I just love the song). Here's some lyrics to my Tune for Tuesday:

Don't fight, or it deny it, invite it cause when it ..
Feels like a kick in the teeth, I can take it.
Throw your stones and you won't see me break it.
Say what you want, take your shots.
You're setting me free with one more kick in the teeth !

So, next time you are feeling a little ticked off, put on this song and turn this mother up! Or you can check out this pick me up post from Sharon Mayhew, too!





SOME WRITERLY STUFF:
*Don't forget: Tomorrow is the last day to enter Angela Ackerman at The Bookshelf Muse is celebrating 1000 followers (wow!) by having a fabulous contest that includes critiques and a mentorship! Check out details HERE quickly as the contest closes tomorrow!
* I was a contest winner again! Thank you to PJ Hoover for sending me Nerds by Michael Buckley. Also thanks to Candace Ganger and Elana Johnson for a beautiful homemade bookmark and Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. I'm a lucky girl!

28 comments:

Bish Denham said...

You rock Kelly!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

You seriously love your live music! Great that you share! And good link to Sharon's post!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Awesome! I love when music is so meaningful/inspiring that you play it over and over. Do you do this for wip's too?

Candyland said...

Mmm Jacoby...almost as good as Brady.
I said ALMOST.

Denise said...

Good song. Hmmm, video is a little disturbing. What does the "I" stand for that the people are wearing?

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You've had a seriously cool summer, Girlfriend! I miss life in the city...

Thanks for the shout out. :) Macy will pick up anyone's spirits...Of course if I got my head stuck in a jar of peanut butter you guys would all enjoy that too. (LOL)

Have a super rest of the week!

Kim Kasch said...

I almost never go to concerts - seems like you make it to so many. But next month I'm going to Boxer Rebellion - with my sis. Girls' night out-YEAH.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Is it bad that I've never heard of Papa Roach?! LOL. :-)

Suzanne Casamento said...

I love your concert recaps. Keep on rockin'!

Congratulations on your contest wins! I'm going to head over to Sharon's pick me up post. :)

Samantha Vérant said...

Seriously! When do you find the time???

Kelly said...

Thank you, Bish and Terry Lynn!
Tina- Yes. I reread my ms all the time before I write more. Luckily I still love it!
Candace- Ha!
Denise- I think it's aimed at their last record label, Interscope Records. They are on a new label now.
Sharon- Glad to link to your cutie!
Kim- Have fun with your sister!!
Shannon- Now you can say that you've heard of Papa Roach!
Suz- Thanks! Though I have no other concerts planned yet!!
Sam- Somehow I make the time to get out like that. It's usually with family so I consider it family time :).

DEZMOND said...

oh, I haven't heard of PAPA ROACH for ages. They had one hit song back in the 90's I think here in Europe, and I loved it, but then they just disappeared. They have a charming singer :)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I'm envious! Thanks for sharing!

Solvang Sherrie said...

You're on a lucky roll with the contest wins! The concert looks like a blast :)

Theresa Milstein said...

What are the chances I'll win Angela's contest? Slim because everyone is blogging about it. It would be awesome to win, wouldn't it?

Stephen Tremp said...

I've never heard of this band, but I always like to hear the latest and greatest. I used to see a lot of shows. Then the fam came along. Now I listen to Hannah Montana and such. Sigh.


Stephen Tremp

Jude said...

I wish I was there! Great taste in tunes :)

Jo Schaffer said...

Cool. Never heard of this band.
Going to see Blue October perform this weekend. Wooot!

Carolyn Abiad said...

Fun stuff!

I've posted an award for you over on my blog. Enjoy!

Patricia A. Timms said...

That was great. I love concerts, especially those that rock!

I gave you a blogging award! Come over to my blog to retrieve it! You rock! And you also make me laugh a lot when I read your posts.

Anita said...

I resolve to take in a concert before Christmas!

Kelly said...

Dezz- Yeah, their first hit in the 90's was "Last Resort". Lots of great songs!! I've never heard of the lead singer called charming before! hee! He is very charismatic!
Thanks, Cynthia!
It was! Thank you, Sherrie!
Theresa- That was a definitely a great contest!
Stephen- Hannah Montana and Selena Gomez is played a lot by my daughter! I know those songs by heart, too!
Thanks, Jude!
Jo- I like Blue October's song, "Hate Me."
Thank you so much for the awards, Carolyn and Patricia!
Anita- Yes you should! I actually have no concerts planned for the near future. Very busy times. But I'm sure I will start my rounds again in 2011~

Ishta Mercurio said...

Looks like you had fun!

I've sent you an award - check it out at www.ishtamercurio.blogspot.com

Samantha Vérant said...

cough, cough. kelly, where are you? it's tuesday. again.

Lydia Kang said...

I'll have to live vicariously through you. The loud music makes me feel old! Ha ha. And congrats on your contest wins!

Dawn Simon said...

You ARE a lucky girl! :) Congrats!

Your posts are always so fun. The concert sounds like it was awesome!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

That is one seriously sweaty hunk of awesome! Can you believe I've only been to one Live concert in my life (that did not have singing or dancing puppets in it), and it was to Richard Marx.

Jen Daiker said...

What a blast!!!! How fun! I love the pictures that went with this!!!