Tuesday, September 14, 2010

True Blood Loss

It's over. What am I going to do now? The season finale of the third season of True Blood aired Sunday night. It was fantabulous, shocking, grotesque, and off the chain as usual. But now what will I do on Sunday nights? I contemplated with my husband what to do about this last episode. We thought maybe we'd watch two minutes a week to make the last episode last, but we couldn't hold out. We had to watch it! I seriously have not ever loved a TV show like I love this one. It's bordering obsession. Why?
I'll Tell You Why
1. Eric Northman (and no this isn't the last time you'll see that pic at the left).
2. It's a show my husband and I both love to watch together.
3. It's funny. Watch this funny scene of a vampire texting an expletive. (Franklin was one hilariously insane vampire!)
4. It's suspenseful, even if you've read the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
5. Eric Northman - not just because he's gorgeous, but the character is humorous, complex and unpredictable.
6. It's shocking. Have you ever seen vampire goo being carried around in a fancy jar?
7. I love Sookie's southern accent and the way Bill says, "Sookie."
8. Handsome hardbodies. (Not only Eric, but Jason, Alcide, Bill, Sam, heck, even Hoyt's kind of cute in his own way.)
9. I love the clicking sound when the vampire teeth retract and extend.
10. This character.







Here's my Survival Guide until Season 4 premieres next summer.

1. Read the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris (I just finished book four; there are currently eleven, and the books are funny and suspenseful, too).
2. Read and reread this issue of Rolling Stone magazine.Photobucket

3. Drink True Blood beverage (I seriously have two in my kitchen pantry in case Eric stops by).

4. Dress like a Merlotte's waitress for Halloween this year.

5. Read the Vampire Diaries book and finally watch the eighteen episodes I have on my DVR.

6. Watch Zoolander (I have never seen it and I love funny movies. Oh, and Alexander Skarsgard is in it!)

7. Watch and groove to Snoop Dogg's music video titled, "Oh, Sookie."

8. Visit Bon Temps, Louisiana on Spring Break.

9. Rent Eclipse when it finally comes out on DVD (I haven't seen it yet!!).

10. Give blood at church preferably in the evening so I can scan the area for thirsty yet non violent vampires (I actually already do that - well, the first part anyway).

Any other suggestions for me to get me through this difficult time? ;)

27 comments:

Candyland said...

Survival guide...hmm...I need one of these for New Meds withdraw...

Jonathon Arntson said...

I read the Rolling Stone article and I'll drink sangria, but that's as far as I'll go. I have the first two seasons on DVD, just haven't watched them yet.

storyqueen said...

You are too funny! You are a girl with a plan, and that's a good thing.

when does the new season start?

Shelley

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Dude, you are one very serious fan. I LOOOOOOVE the commitment. I've never actually seen the show, but mainly it's because I don't watch TV. But I'm feeling really lame now, like totally uncool. I think I may be the only one on the planet who hasn't seen the show. So you know what? I will remedy that and try to get ahold of the first season. If the books are awesome, the show will be too.

Denise said...

I can't wait to finish the books so I can start watching the show!

Kelly said...

Candace- Ahhh, you have a show soon to look forward to! You'll need more help after that!
Shelley- I think the new season will start at the beginning of next summer.
Carol- I am quite the fanatic! Yes, rent season one and you will be hooked, too!
Denise - You don't even need to finish the books to enjoy the show, but if you must, read away!

Kelly said...

Jon- Get on it! Watch the DVD. I guarantee you will love it!!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I've never even heard of this show, but I don't watch a lot of tv. Maybe you just need to go to more concerts since you won't be watching the show ;)

Samantha Vérant said...

I take it you're on Team Eric. Here, they are showing Season 1 of True Blood. It's in French. Agggghhhh! Life is so unfair, Kelly!

Christina Lee said...

I was going to tell you to switch to Vampire Diaries--you MUST!

Laura Pauling said...

I've never watched the show but only b/c I know I'd get sucked in and I'm trying to watch less! I didn't realize it ran over the summer.

Jude said...

OMG Eric <33333 I'm dying here.

Jude said...

Oh and for how you can cope: New season of Dexter starts on the 26th!

Bish Denham said...

I think I've said it before. You constantly amaze me Kelly. But...this is not my cup of tea. Just not into the whole vampire/zombie thing.

Anita said...

I think you should make your own spoof and post it here. Or write a song about your sorrow.

Kelly said...

Sherrie - I have three concerts in September which may be a record for me!! Maybe I should see the band, Vampire Weekend...
Samantha - One more reason to get to Rosetta Stone French!
Christina- I'm reading the first two books then on to the show!
Jude- I love Dexter, saw first two episodes and then we didn't get Showtime. Must rent the DVDs...
Bish- Nonvamp fans must think we are crazy!
Anita - A song titled "Ode to Viking Vampires"...could be a number one hit (in Sweden)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Kelly--OMGoodness, I hate vampire goo! The first time I saw it I was so shocked...

We're going to miss them too. I didn't watch it because Walt was out of town. I'm sure we'll watch it tonight. :-0 He just got home...

Happy reading!

Kim Kasch said...

:) That is goolicious - of course I already have my own nordic guy so no lusting for Eric over here but I'm soooooo sorry to see it come to an end - even if only for a season.

I had my finale party and a bunch of girls (and even a couple guys) came to celebrate - with strawberry margaritas and vampire cupcakes.

No kidding - I'm a true fanpire :)

Samantha Vérant said...

Call me lazy, but I think I'd rather just order the season on DVD! I speak and listen to enough French!

Matthew Rush said...

I can't read this because I love the show and am afraid of spoilers. We have the last 2 episodes on DVR but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. ARGH!

Angela Ackerman said...

I feel like such a traitor...but I don't watch this show. I'll probably rent the DVD collection and catch up. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Suzanne Casamento said...

You are hilarious! I love how Eric is reason #1 and #5.

This may sound crazy, but maybe writing might get you through this difficult time? ;)

Christina Farley said...

Ha! Funny. When does Vampire Diaries begin for this season? I can't wait!

Hema P. said...

You're so funny, Kelly! Loved the title for this post! I haven't watched this show ever, and I may just do so next season, solely based on your posts about it. :-)

Kelly said...

Sharon- I always wait for my hubby to watch it too! We didn't watch the finale til Monday together!
Kim- I love that you had a finale party. The vamp cupcakes looked fangtastic!
Sam- Sounds like a good plan!
Matthew- I hope you watched both episodes by now!
Angela- Definitely!
Suzanne- Yes, that would seem the right thing to do. I hope a vampire doesn't accidentally find his way into my story!
Christina- I'm way behind! I don't know!
Hema- It certainly does its job of entertaining!

Dawn Simon said...

You crack me up! It sounds like you have a good list going.

I haven't seen the show. I'll have to watch it now since you've given me the impression you kinda like it. ;)

Bekah said...

If you like funny, you will like Zoolander