Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Soup's On!

Have you ever watched The Soup with Joel McHale on the E! channel? This is my very favorite show on TV, and I watch every episode. The host, Joel McHale, shows funny clips from tv shows and makes fun of them. Joel is so sarcastic and says all the things we think while watching bad tv. He cracks me up.
Here's an older but funny clip from The Soup:




My mom and I saw Joel McHale in October. See my post here on that. Comedian Chris Hardwick was the warmup comedian before Joel came onstage. He made us giggle as much as Joel did. My mom and I were in the front row, and Chris even heckled me (but then he complimented me, so I forgive him).
Chris now hosts a tv show titled Web Soup. In this show, he shows funny clips from the internet and says sarcastic things. So of course I like this show, too! This show is on the G4 channel which I've never heard of, but I just searched for Web Soup on my Directv guide and found it. Web Soup shows clips like "Things You Can't Unsee," "That's Un-incredible!" and "Best Video Ever this week." The clips are disturbing and funny.
Chris is also the voice of Otis on the cartoon Back at the Barnyard. He also co-hosted Singled Out on Mtv with Jenny McCarthy way back when.
Here he is on Web Soup! The headbanging grandma will be me in 40 years.

15 comments:

Kim Kasch said...

Never seen the Soup but I love sarcastic humor.

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I love both shows, although I've seen McHale's far more often. My wife likes it too. Fun fact about Joel McHale: He played college football.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love, love, love McHale. I've been watching him on Friday nights for years. :) Hilarious. I can't wait to watch his new show this fall too. :)

Lori Degman said...

The Soup looks pretty funny - kind of like Mystery Science Theater - remember that show? I love this kind of humor!

I wasn't able to watch Web Soup - it wouldn't let me. I'm not sure if it's your problem or mine. I'll check it out on the web.

Anita said...

Fun fact about Anita: I only watch things on TV that I can get thru my antenna, which is not as bad as it sounds: three networks, CW, Fox, PBS, buncha spanish channels. Anyway, downside is I miss some of this stuff. Upside is you share it with me!

Kelly said...

Kim-You would like the show, it's VERY sarcastic!
Murph-He looks more like a golfer!
Keri- Me too! Chevy Chase AND Joel McHale! Two of my faves!
Lori-Thanks for the heads up, I think I fixed it!
Anita- Usually you can find anything you missed on TV on the internet. Which I'm not sure if this is good or bad!

nikki said...

Oh Kel, you know how I love my Soup!!! And thanks for the reminder about WebSoup - I gotta check that out! First, I gotta go bake a cake...

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! :0)

Solvang Sherrie said...

I remember watching Talk Soup with Greg Kinnear when the E! channel was just starting out. A friend of mine actually had a chance to work on the show but passed since it was just a startup and she wanted something more solid. Oops.

Carrie Harris said...

Yeah, when we saw The Cure a couple of years ago, we were wondering what was up with Robert Smith. He seems to have swelled. That makeup looked good when he was all skinny and consumptive looking, but now? Ugh.

Shelli said...

i loved the first guy - john henson - he does wipeout now :)

Kim Kasch said...

Just had to pop back by to say I've awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award :)

Kelly said...

Nikki-Make sure it's chocolate! ;)
Christy - :)
Sherrie-A big oops! What a fun show to work on!
Carrie- I have to go look up the word consumptive...
Shelli- My kids love Wipeout. Jon Hensen is funny, too.
Kim-Thank you!!!

adrienne said...

I feel totally out of it now 'cause we don't get cable channels.
I enjoyed the glimpse into your dancing future, though. :)

Sliding on the Edge said...

You had me laughing, Kelly. Soup's on. Got to catch up in the fall.