Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Paint It Black


Fall is fast approaching and so are fall fashion trends. Last night I decided to follow a hot fashion trend that I read in my trusty Us Weekly. Dark fingernails are back in style. On the runways, models are sashaying with nails of dark metallics. Shades of bronze, crimson, steely silver and glimmering black are what to wear this season. So I did as any glamazon would, I painted my fingernails black.
I have to admit, I spend most days in loungewear and rock t-shirts (I am a stay at home mom for Pete’s sake!). But I do love to get dressed up and try something different every once in a while. It’s not a smooth, smudge-free job. I don’t have time nor the funds for regular mani-pedi’s. But I have to say it is striking and definitely different. My daughter does not think it is girly enough. My oldest son secretly thinks it’s cool. I wonder what the other moms at preschool will think when I pick up my youngest son today…
So, a note to the observing public…When you see a woman with black fingernails, do not automatically think that she is a goth chick or is trying out her Halloween look a month early. It is probably a fashion forward mother of three who sometimes pays attention to her fashion mags…..oh, and she also is attending a rock concert tonight!