Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rockabet Band Manager



Today I'm playing band manager to celebrate the release of my ABC's of rock 'n' roll picture book, ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION. You know I love my rock bands. If I could choose any band members from any bands to form the best band ever, these would be my rockin' picks:

Band Name: Indecision  (also the name of a band in my upcoming middle grade novel!)

First Gig: Red Rocks (I have never been there!! I'd love to see a concert there!)

So, like I said, I LOVE rock. I figured these musicians are pretty busy and probably should swap out gig by gig so they can still play in their other awesome band. So I have multiple choices, yo. (And yes, these are all my photos taken at concerts (except for Grohl) :) .)

LEAD VOCALS

 
Lead vocalist #1:  Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach - one of the most energetic frontmen I have ever seen! This man can ROCK!

Lead vocalist #2: Gerard Way formerly of My Chemical Romance - Love, love, love his voice.


Lead vocalist #3: Josh Todd of Buckcherry - He dances with his shirt off while he sings. Nuff said.



Okay, one more lead vocalist: Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars - Energetic, blue eyes, smooth vocals.

LEAD GUITAR

Lead guitarist #1: Mark Tremonti of Creed/Alter Bridge/Tremonti - Awesome variety of guitar riffs. He's in three bands plus mine! He is a wanted man!



Lead guitarist #2: Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold - My favorite intro guitar riff of all time is "Unholy Confessions" by A7X. This man can shred. And he's kinda cute.


Lead guitarist #3: Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins - He's a Chicago guy who is mega-talented.

BASS GUITAR

Bass guitarist #1- Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue/Sixx: A.M - Love his lyrics, his looks, and he's in two of my fave bands!

Bass guitarist #2 - Matt Brady of New Medicine - Beautiful brown eyes with a beautiful heart (he spent the last year in Ghana!).

Bass guitarist #3 - John Taylor of Duran Duran - Play the #*&!-ing bass, John! More pop than rock, but Duran Duran was the first band I ever loved.

DRUMS

Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters - it's Dave freaking Grohl, people!



Who would you choose for your supergroup and why?
Here's a band name generator to create your killer band name!

Some very kind people are helping me celebrate the release by sharing who they would choose to be in their ultimate band in a ROCKABET BAND MANAGER post! Go check 'em out! Thank you!
Theresa Milstein , Lydia Kang , Shelli Johannes , Candyland , Bish Denham , Samantha Verant , and Leigh T. Moore



ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION can currently be purchased online at Amazon or at select bookstores. Hardcover books will be available at various online retailers and stores in October.

Kelly Polark is also the author of BIG SISTER, BABY BROTHER and the upcoming HOLD THE MUSTARD! from Meegenius. Come visit her on Facebook and Twitter! Check out her website and celebrity book recommendation site, Book Recs of the Rock and Famous.

READING ROCKS!




14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It is freaking Grohl! Funny, Kelly. The bands people are putting together have been great.

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hi, Kelly. There's some interesting choices you've got there, and even a couple I am unfamiliar with. I've got to check out some of that music soon! Speaking of checking something out - I'm very curious about this new book you've got coming out. I must learn more! :)

-Jimmy

Susan Oloier said...

I just added your book to my Amazon cart. Kelly, you're such a rock star, too! I love that REO was the first concert you went to :-) Congrats on the book. It looks awesome.

Matthew MacNish said...

This is awesome. I would want me DJ to be Andy Smith from Portishead.

Carol Kilgore said...

Very cool! I can see your book being a great gift book, too :)

Kelly Polark said...

Alex- Yeah! I've been having so much fun reading their ultimate bands!
Jimmy - Definitely check some of those bands out. And Rockabet is out now on amazon! Yay!
Thank you so much, Susan!!
Matthew - Hmmmm, never thought of the DJ factor!
Carol - Thanks! I'm hoping it will be a great addition to birthday or baby shower gifts!

Connie Keller said...

Hey, Kelly,

The book looks great! Congrats!

Rena Jones said...

Lead Vocalist: Anthony Kiedis
Guitarist: John Frusciante
Bass: Flea
Drums: Chad Smith

Oh ... wait ...

Tara Tyler said...

love your eclectic choices! some if my faves too!

happy friday & have an award!

Stephen Tremp said...

Hi Kelly. Heard you had a new release and stopping by to say best wishes!

Be happy to have you as a guest blogger this fall or during my annual December children's and MG writers promo series.

Jemi Fraser said...

I've been so busy I missed the launch! Yikes!! Congrats & YAY!! Off to get my copy now ... :)

Lydia Kang said...

I just love how you picked multiple musicians for back ups! That's the right way to do it. I had so much trouble choosing!

Missed Periods said...

I'm a bit late, but CONGRATULATIONS! It's such a great idea, and I have just the kid to get this for.

the late phoenix said...

Billy Corgan is the Truth, the Way, and the Life...