Monday, October 14, 2013

Rockabet Book Launch Party!

 

Last Monday I had my book launch for my new ABC picture book of rock, ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION! My local library was kind enough to host me and allowed me to use their party room for the festivities. I had refreshments, crafts, bookmarks, temporary tattoos, a reading, and a book signing that awesome evening. Over 100 people attended which made me so overwhelmed with gratitude. So wonderful for others to take time out in their busy schedule to celebrate with me! Even some of my former students stopped by! Here are a few photos (mostly taken by my dad) of the evening!

Thank you all for your wonderful support and nice words about my book!


I read Rockabet to the crowd!

Some of the wonderful people who attended.

Bookmarks, business cards, temporary tattoos!

Signing books next to my accountant.

I wanted everyone's autograph!

It was a fabulous night!
 
ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION is available at amazon, barnesandnoble.com,
and in select bookstores.

13 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like an awesome night. Glad it went so well. And what a great idea to get everyone's autograph.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You really did have a crowd! That is awesome, Kelly. And nice touch you got everyone else's autograph.

Jessica Bell said...

Wow, what a turn out. And you look lovely!

Kelly Polark said...

Natalie- Thank you. I thought the kids would have fun signing their name, too!
Alex- I was so pleasantly surprised at the turnout! The Autograph poster is a nice memento of the evening now, too!
Jessica- Thanks so much!!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

That's awesome, Kelly, about the turn out!!! Love the temporary tattoos! *happy hugs*

Jemi Fraser said...

What a great turnout! Good for you!! Love the tattoo idea! :)

DEZMOND said...

well, you gotta have the accountant :))

Kelly Polark said...

Stina and Jemi- Thank you! The temp tats turned out really cute! I have requests for more from kids!
Dezz- I certainly do. I have a brain for creativity, not business. :)

Wendy said...

How positively wonderful! Congrats, Kelly!

Kelly H-Y said...

How cool, Kelly!!! Huge congrats to you!!!

Marcia said...

This looks so awesome. Glad you had such a great time and turnout. And I love the idea of getting the guests' autographs! Congrats!

Laura Pauling said...

I love seeing launch party pictures! Looks like you had a great turn out!!!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Looks like fun! A hundred people is a huge turnout for a book launch -- Congratulations!