Friday, December 17, 2010

My Concert Romance

Yes, I have a love affair with concerts. It's one night where I'm not a mom;I'm not washing the dishes;I'm not worried about my word count;I'm not in my sweats. Concerts recharge me. I go nuts and sing as loud as I can. And guess what? I got to see a band that I've been dying to see live forever on Wednesday night: My Chemical Romance!
My sister and I went to the House of Blues
for the show. I've been there several times, and this is the most packed I've seen for a concert. I still managed to squeeze my way to front row - the best place to be!
The band started with "NaNaNaNa" from their latest album Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys and ended with "Vampire Money," with favorites from all of their albums in between. Gerard Way's voice sounded awesome, the music was loud (could it be because I was right by the speaker, too?), and lots of crowd surfing going on (and no way was one of them me!). An amazing night!
Here's a clip of their second single from Danger Days, "Sing"

Here's Frank, who I think I look like with no makeup on (which is half the time). I glance at myself at the mirror and think, "I look like Frank!" One day I'm going to put red lipstick on him and see if he resembles me at all.
Photobucket
Here's my sister, Denise, and I from the free photo booth! We also got free tshirts for being registered organ donors!
Photobucket
And lastly, another pic of G, but you can't see his tight pants in this one...
Photobucket

Also, it was my lucky day for many reasons! I won a contest at Gayle Krause's blog. Thank you to Gayle as she'll be sending me her picture book, Rock Star Santa! Now does that sound like a perfect book for my rockin' kids or what? Thanks, Gayle!
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

28 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you had a good time. House of Blues sounds like a cool place to see a concert, too.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Sounds like you had a blast! And congratulations on winning the contest! Life is good, right? : )

Patricia A. Timms said...

The House of Blues is a great place to see a concert because of the intimacy of it. I love your posts about concerts.

I wish you had an email subscription box on your sidebar. I would love to get your posts in my email. I'm terrible about getting around to many blogs these days except for the ones I can get in my email. Terrible, I know.
Maybe you'll consider an email subscription box from FeedBurner? If not, I understand. Hehe!

Thanks also for coming by my blog and commenting. I hope you're having a great holiday.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I love seeing small venue concerts!

And you do NOT look like Frank. LOL

Laura Pauling said...

We all need things that make us not a mom or a writer!

Kelly said...

Alex - I love HOB because wherever you are, you are fairly close to the stage. And I have a reason to spend the night downtown with my sis!
Cynthia - Very good! I know my kids will love that book!
Patricia - I'll look into that email thingie... I didn't know that you could do that! Happy holidays to you!
Jennifer - I do, too! And There is a reason I don't post pics of me without makeup! Ha!
Laura - I concur!!

Lola Sharp said...

I LOVE MCR. I've seen them live twice and both times were stellar, as expected.
How nice you got to see them in such a small, intimate venue. :)
My daughter (15) and I have pretend fights over who gets Gerard. (I always win)

I love HoB...even their food is good.

You and your sister are adorable...yay for free T-shirts!
You do NOT look like Frank. He's cute and all...but no, you don't look like him.

Happy Weekend!
Love,
Lola

Ray Veen said...

You're special. Most writers I know eschew crowds.

Kelly said...

Lola - You know I have to fight you and your daughter over Gerard too! ;) HoB is so fun for concerts! You are always near the stage wherever you are!
V- Well of course I'm special! :) I don't mind concert crowds, but I do mind crowds while shopping!

Melissa Gill said...

I miss the House of Blues. Once upon a time I saw many a great gig at the New Orleans location.

Chris Phillips said...

Sounds like a good time.

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

I'm strangely attracted to that last picture of G. Maybe it's the rocker girl in me. By the way, you rock!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You and Candyland should be best friends! :-) Do you follow Candace?

Here's her link, just in case:

http://themisadventuresincandyland.blogspot.com/

brian_ohio said...

Oh! My daughter is going to be SO jealous... she's in love with this band and it's all she talks about. They're coming to Cleveland in April, I'm thinking of taking her.

Did they do 'Summertime'? That's my favorite song by MCR.

Candyland said...

LOL Shannon...we ARE friends AND Kelly also saw New Meds and met my BR80:)

Sounds like a great time. I *heart* Gerard.

Kelly said...

Melissa - I love HoB. Every spot is a great view of the stage!
Chris - 'Twas!
Sam - I am strangely attracted to that picture as well...
Shannon - Of course! See Candace's comment. :)
Brian - You'll def get good brownie pts with her if you take her! I like Summertime, but they didn't play it nor my fave, "Famous Last Words." But love most of their songs!
Candace - Hee! And it was a great time. I heart him too!

Lydia K said...

I have to live vicariously through your concert life. I love those photo booth picts!

Rena said...

Have a great time! And congrats on winning Rock Star Santa, too!

Denise Maple said...

So much fun! And I think you look like Ray Toro, not Frank.

Kelly said...

Lydia - I have to admit we had fun in the photo booth!
Rena - Thanks! It looks like a cute book!
Denise - It was. Ha! Ha! HA!

J.Tuttle said...

Thanks for the fun post, I felt like I was there. I wish I had been there. Glad you can do things that make you feel like you aren't just a mom.(not that that's a bad thing, of course.)

DEZMOND said...

I didn't notice when Their Chemical Singer went redhead :)

Wendy aka Quillfeather said...

Sounds a great night! One of many you've had :)

By the way, you do NOT look anything like, Frank. You are simply gorgeous!

Kiki Hamilton said...

Sounds like a fun time! yay for concerts!!

Melissa said...

Reminder: Be Jolly By Golly Blog fest on Monday! Jen and I can't wait for your entry!

Melissa's blog.

Jen's blog.

MG Higgins said...

Love your explanation of why you love concerts. Recharge!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm glad you had fun. We all need to step out of our roles once in awhile.

I still haven't been to The House of Blues. I have to go soon!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel