Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy Award Wrap Up

I don't watch a ton of TV, but I do have a handful of shows that I record on the DVR. In fact I have to still finish a few episodes of some before the new season starts in September! But I do DVR the Emmy's and do a quick fast forward run through each year. I love the dresses and love to see my favorite TV stars get nominated.

Click here to see a list of winners (who I do I look like, Ryan Seacrest?).

Here is my usual:
RANDOM THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING THE EMMY'S

1. Love the Born To Run/Glee opening! And Joel McHale was in it! Bonus! And Tina Fey! Double Bonus! I know I would love the show, Glee. I need to buy or rent the DVD set one day.

2. I adore Jimmy Fallon and his guitar! And Conan, what a good sport!

3. Ty Burrell (Modern Family) or Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) - both nominated for Supporting Actor in a Comedy. Both are hilarious. Either should win! Eric Stonestreet of Modern Family won, but that's great because Modern Family is awesome!

4. Love the Modern Family parody clip! Stewie! 3D Sofia! George Clooney! Always clever, that show. Love, love, love it!

5. Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory) has way too much blush on.

6. Musical Tribute to three shows (Lost, 24, Law & Order) was funny. Jimmy Fallon is so talented. He crooned about Lost to the tune of Green Day, "I didn't understand it, but I tried."

7. Yay! Joel McHale again! And he towers over Jeff Probst...

8. I have to admit I stopped fast forwarding through commercials during the Community/Infinity QX56 commercials. C'mon it's Joel McHale AND Chevy Chase!

9. Beautiful song by Jewel for the In Memoriam.

10. Woo hoo! Eric, Sookie and Bill presenting! Boo hoo! Only two more True Blood episodes left to watch this season.

11. Hmmmm, I thought Lawrence Fishburne would be presenting for adult TV films..(Sorry, Lawrence! Yikes...)

12. Mad Men wins for Best Drama instead of True Blood! Bastards!


Quote of the Night by Stephen Colbert: "Hello, ladies. Many of you look lovely tonight."

Best Dressed Male: TIE! Alexander Skarsgard and Joel McHale (They win no matter what they wore!)

Best Dressed Female: Navy was the big color this year and did look pretty. The dresses didn't wow me as a whole this year but I thought Rutina Wesley (Tara on True Blood) looked smokin' as did Nina Dobrev (of Vampire Diaries) - and no, not just because they are from shows about vampires! Claire Danes looked lovely as well, but I find it hard to compliment her as I still don't forgive her for having an affair with Billy Crudup while his longtime girlfriend, Mary-Louise Parker, was pregnant...
Amy Poehler also looked amazing for just giving birth three weeks ago!

Did you watch the Emmy's?

25 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Nope...Hubby and I watched this smokin' DVD called IT MIGHT GET LOUD, a documentary bringing together, Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White. Anyone who loves good guitar playing should watch it. Fabulous!

Kelly said...

Bish, that sounds like a documentary I would love! I should watch it with my oldest son who plays guitar.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love Stephen Colbert!! :-)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Thanks for the Emmy run down. I didn't watch last night. Actually, I forgot about it. So thanks!! :)

Stephanie Blake said...

I don't forgive Claire Danes either. That cracks me up. I didn't watch ANY of those shows this year, so I didn't watch the Emmys at all.

Elana Johnson said...

I only watched the beginning sequence. I love Jimmy Fallon too. :)

Candyland said...

I didn't watch:( But thanks for the re-cap!

Anita said...

I didn't have to watch because I knew you'd do an excellent wrap-up, which you did! The dresses were gorgeous...wish I could get my Barbies out and put all those dresses on them.

Kelly said...

Shannon- He's so witty!
Kimberly- You are welcome!
Stephanie- I know! Isn't it silly that I care any bit about that? But it ticked me off when I heard about it a few years ago.
Elana- I wish Jimmy was still on SNL, but he does deserve his own show.
Candace- No problem!
Anita - I know. I wish I had some reason to dress like that a few times in my lifetime!

DEZMOND said...

I must admit I lost my interest for Emmy awards long time ago since it always seems they're giving awards to the same people and that they are not respecting true talent. But as you said we all love red carpet events (and I shall probably do the best dressed post this week :) I'm sorry Toni Collette didn't win for UNITED STATES OF TARA :(

Together We Save said...

I missed it so thanks for the recap.

Kim Kasch said...

Love Stephen Colbert ;)

And I'm right with you on True Blood :(

Suzanne Casamento said...

I only saw the last hour. I knew you'd have a recap of the rest. ;)

Did you notice how much taller Eric is than Bill? They must put Bill in platforms on the show because I never noticed it until they were in person last night.

I had no idea about Claire Danes and Billy Crudup. That's cruddy. (Sorry. Couldn't help it.)

Kelly said...

Dezmond- Yes, I do love these events for the beautiful clothes! Definitely!
Together - You are welcome!
Kim- It will be another long wait til the next season!
Suzanne - My mom just told me she noticed the same thing before I read this! I googled their heights and Eric is 6'4" and Bill is between 5'8" and 5'10".
And yes, very cruddy! :)

jama said...

The Emmys were better this time around than in recent years. Love Jimmy Fallon! Opening number faboo! Surprise appearance by George Clooney = delicious. Wish "Glee" had won more awards.

Lola Sharp said...

I forgot it was on, so I missed it. But I did NOT miss my True Blood. I have a season pass on the Tivo, but I watch it 'live'. I am sad this season is almost over. *pout*

But the new Atlantic City Boardwalk series looks very promising. :)

I'm with you about Claire Daines...but Billy Crudup is really the a-hole. I used to adore him. Now I think...well, he's an a-hole. (I don't know if you watch Weeds, but it is hilarious! She's awesome.)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I love seeing what everyone is wearing and how they had their hair done. :) One day when I grow up and become a famous movie/tv star I'll get to wear fancy dresses too. LOL...

Have a great week, Kelly!

Christina Lee said...

I loved the beginning clip too! Spot on!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

As always, thanks for your public service!

Patricia A. Timms said...

I didn't get a chance to watch the Emmy's but I'm glad you did the recap. I'm still giggling about the best quote.

Kelly H-Y said...

I missed it, so thank you for the wrap-up! I was so glad to see the Modern Family wins ... LOVE, love, love that show! I was bummed I missed the opening ... sounds like it was quite fabulous!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I don't watch TV either, so I skip on the Emmy's. Same deal with the Academy Awards. I used to watch them, but then I grew bored of them. Maybe one day I'll watch them again. :)

Laura Pauling said...

No, I didn't watch them. And I know I'd love Glee and Mad Men and possibly True Blood, but that's the problem. I'm such a sucker and there would go all my free reading time at night!

Hema P. said...

You know, Kelly, you have a great talent for converting anything you do into a fun and cool blog post! I need to take a lesson or two from you... :-)

Denise said...

I watched the end of the Emmys and seeing the True Blood cast present makes we want to finish the books so I can get started on the show. I finished reading Club Dead, by the way.