Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I read, watched and rocked out to in 2014





2014 in Review!
Happy New Year to you all! I am starting the new year with a wonderful new job as kindergarten teacher in my own children's school district. In the past I've been a third grade teacher, stay-at-home mom for 11 years, a teacher's aide for kindergarten and Early Childhood, and a preschool teacher, too (all that I truly loved-I'm pretty lucky). But I have wanted to be a kindergarten teacher since I was 20 years old and my junior practicum assignment was kindergarten with an amazing teacher! I wanted to be her so badly! And now I am! Cheers to you all in this new year!


This post lists the books, movies, and concerts of 2014. Surprisingly it's the first year in a while that I watched more movies than read books!



BOOKS!
Read some amazing books by blogger buddies this year!!
Anansi and Company by Bish Denham
Wonder by RJ Palacio
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Control by Lydia Kang
Wish You Weren’t by Sherrie Petersen
Before You Break by Christina Lee
Watercolor by LTM
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Wishing for Washington by Shelly Sly
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
Seven Letters From Paris by Samantha Verant
 
MOVIES!
I saw ten movies in the theater which is probably a record! Also, saw more movies than read books this year. Sorry, brain!
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Anchorman 2
Gravity
The Lego Movie
Muppets 2 Most Wanted
Mean Girls
Divergent
Dallas Buyers Club
Pearl Harbor
Bad Grandpa
The Wolf of Wall Street
Airplane!
European Vacation
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Giver
Neighbors
Mockingjay Part 1
Dumb and Dumber To
Elf (gotta see that every year)
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

CONCERTS!
Saw some faves (saw Buckcherry for 9th time and Motley Crue for 7th and final time) and finally saw The Toadies and Alter Bridge for the first time!
Buckcherry
The Toadies
Alter Bridge
Daughtry/Goo Goo Dolls/Plain White T’s
One Direction/Five Seconds of Summer
Buckcherry
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper  (two nights in a row- Crue’s final tour!)

What were your fave books/movies/music of 2014?