Friday, December 5, 2014

Poetry Friday



I haven't participated in Poetry Friday in a while, which is a shame, because I LOVE poetry! I've been busy teaching preschool this year, so my mind is on the very younger set while writing poetry.
Here's a number poem about a kid favorite - the puzzle!


PUZZLE                                                                                                

One piece, two piece

Three piece, four

All together

On the floor.

Five piece, six piece

Seven piece, Eight

It’s almost done.

I can’t wait!

Nine piece, ten piece

They all fit.

I’m finished now.

What is it?

- by Kelly Polark, all rights reserved


*Adorable illustration by Kelli Ann Little from picture book, ROCKABET: CLASSIC EDITION
(turned into a puzzle by me)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Go find other poems to read HERE at today's poetry roundup at Anastasia's Booktalking blog!