Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Cover Rocks!



This is it! This is the cover of my upcoming picture book titled, ROCKABET, that comes out in September. Does it rock or what?!

Rockabet: Classic Edition is an ABC picture book of rock 'n' roll. The book introduces classic rock bands in catchy couplets. The illustrations depict the bands as chibis, which are childlike versions of characters. The book is illustrated by Kelli Little. More of her amazing artwork can be seen at her Facebook page, Catching Dreams Illustration. I just love it!

Speaking of Facebook pages, I just created an author page for myself and I'd love if you would hop on over and "Like" it! Here is the link: Author Kelly Polark. As you know, I love rock music and this book brings together two of my passions: promoting literacy and promoting good ole rock 'n' roll! I have another Meegenius book coming out this fall, and I will post a sneak peek of an illustration on my Facebook page next week. Thanks for stopping by the blog and liking my author page. Your support means so much!!

Now back to ROCKABET. Can you guess which band I chose for the letter A?


25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That looks awesome, Kelly! Congratulations. I'd like your Facebook page if I was on Facebook.

storyqueen said...

I'm going with Aerosmith for A! Congratulations on your superfun book! Can't wait to see it!

shelley

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Love this cover, Kelly! Huge congrats! It definitely ROCKS!!! Love the premise.

Anita said...

I love it! It's so you!

Kelly Polark said...

Thank you, Alex!!
Shelley- Mmmmmaybe! Thanks!!
Terry Lynn- Thank you! I love what she did with the cover, too!
Anita- Thanks! I've been waiting so long for this to come to fruition!

Theresa Milstein said...

It IS a rockin' cover! Wow, I love the font too. Good luck!

Which band...

AHa? Air Supply?

Christina Lee said...

Perfect!! <3 <3 it!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it!! The style of the illustration is perfect for the topic of your book! Awesome :)

A? Aerosmith or AC/DC???

Laura Pauling said...

Congrats Kelly! That is so perfect for you and sounds really cool!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

What a cool concept.

Yeah, what Jemi said: Aerosmith or AC/DC?

Wendy aka Quillfeather said...

The cover is wonderful, Kelly! Really really like it. All the very best :)

Lynda R Young said...

Congrats Kelly!! I love the cover!!!
Already popped on over and liked your FB page.

Kim Kasch said...

LOVE it! So cute.

Kristi said...

I love the cover...Congrats!!! It's so adorable! Can't wait to buy a copy!!! (The idea is genius and it totally suits you.)

DEZMOND said...

AC/DC :)

Missed Periods said...

I love it! Congratulations! Air Supply? Just kidding.

Marcia said...

Congrats! I had never heard the term "chibis" before. Interesting to know there's a term for that style of artwork.

James Garcia Jr. said...

Wow! It does look great, and not just the cover - but the whole idea. You've really got me curious with this book. I may have to score one. Now, since everyone has been throwing out names for letter A, I'm going to say Accept! No? Should we leave "Balls to the Wall" to the 50 Shades books? ;)
Have a great week!

-Jimmy

Rena Jones said...

Oh my gosh -- plaid! This book is going to totally rock!!!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Kelly. Love your cover. And so excited for you!

Bish Denham said...

Wow, Kelly! No wonder I haven't seen you around, you've been busy! What a great concept for an alphabet book. The cover is great. When it comes out I'd be happy to give some air time on my blog!

Bish Denham said...

PS: Z for Zappa?

cleemckenziebooks said...

I wondered what you'd been up to! When you stopped by The Write Game to say hi I thought, "Kelly's back! Yay!"

Congratulations on your book.

Arrowsmith? Am I close?

Kelly H-Y said...

That is so cool! HUGE congrats to you!!! So exciting!

Susan Oloier said...

So beyond awesome, Kelly! The cover and the book as a whole! Looking forward to its release this month!!!!