Monday, August 26, 2013

Meet Lily



 

I'm in puppy love! Our family adopted a puppy from a rescue a few weeks ago. We are not sure what kind she is as her mom was pregnant when they found her. The mom is maybe a beagle/terrier/shepherd-y mix; dad is unknown (maybe a black lab?). We have no idea if she will be 25 pounds or 60 pounds. It will be a surprise!

When we were on vacation over the summer, we visited Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah. Best Friends houses hundreds of dogs, cats, horses, and other animals on their beautiful sanctuary in Angel Canyon. We toured the sanctuary, and got to meet some of the adorable animals. It's so important to adopt from a shelter or rescue instead of buying a pet at a pet store! We were so ready to adopt when we returned from our trip.

Our beloved 16 year old miniature pinscher, Goofy, died in June, and my other rescue dog, Daisy, just adored her. We wanted to get Daisy another friend, and luckily Daisy loves Lily! They snuggle and play. Lily is a little lovergirl, and she is really a wonderful addition to our family. You can't help but smile when you have a puppy in the house!


What has you smiling this week?

29 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

She's adorable!
Her paws aren't huge, so I don't think she'll be a big dog.

Jemi Fraser said...

What a cutie!! So glad they get along well :)

Kelly Polark said...

Alex- I don't think she'll be too big. But it is funny how we just don't know!
Jemi- Thanks! I'm so thankful that my other dog adores her!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Lily is so cute. We adopted our puppy from the Humane Society in April and I'm totally in love with her too.

Lola Sharp said...

adorable!

Jill Kemerer said...

Just what I needed today--puppy pics!! How cute is she?? Enjoy!

Bish Denham said...

Ah yes... I can smell that puppy love coming right through the computer screen. Sweet!

Kelly Polark said...

Natalie- That is so awesome. Dogs are so loving and loyal!
Lola- Thanks! She is!
Jill- Thank you! She's a ray of sunshine!
Bish- Ha! Can you smell that puppy breath, too? :)

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats on your new puppy! Dogs really become part of the family, don't they? I'm sorry about Goofy, but I'm glad your old dog has a new buddy. Enjoy, and keep smiling that beautiful smile! :)

Wendy said...

Lily is such a little darling!

Sorry to hear Goofy is no longer with you. They rip out a peace of our heart when they leave us.

And what has me smiling this week? People like you who clearly love animals! Good on you for adopting from a shelter.

Oh, and give Lily a snuggle from me!

Lynda R Young said...

aw, Lily is gorgeous!

Kim Kasch said...

OMG! She's blooming beautiful! And a great reminder of what wonderful LOVIES shelters have to offer.

Kelly H-Y said...

Adorable!

Adrienne said...

She's adorable! Congrats!!

Indigo said...

This post was today's smile! I'm huge advocate for adopting rescues. All mine are. I don't think I can remember a time, I didn't have at least two pups in the house. They fill the days with sweet surprises. (Hugs)Indigo

The Soul Doctor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missed Periods said...

That picture of you and Lily makes me smile.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Awwww! So precious! I'm glad you found a new baby.

Marcia said...

Oh, the expression on her face is so sweet.

Lydia Kang said...

For the love of cute puppies! So adorable!

Cathrina Constantine said...

Awww...love puppies. Would have a houseful if my husband would let me. We own 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Susan Oloier said...

I'm so sorry about Goofy. So glad you were able to find another friend for Daisy. The new puppy is so sweet.

Carrie Butler said...

Oh my goodness. She's adorable!

DEZMOND said...

what a cute pooch!

aman kesherwani said...

Nice Site I Am Impresed

World Largest Mp3 Collection......Sites

songspk

Boss songspk

songspk

Boss songspk

mp3 download

Fresher Requirtment


Christina Lee said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in love.

Theresa Milstein said...

Aw! How's Lily doing?

Rena Jones said...

She's adorable!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Such a cute, cute puppy!!! Congratulations!
I love Best Friends, by the way. They do such great work. Wishing you lots more puppy love!