I rarely post movie reviews. Heck, I rarely watch movies! But the hubby and I took the kids to see Man of Steel on Father's Day. The theater was packed!
Here are my random thoughts on this blockbuster movie (no spoilers!).
1. Hello, Alaskan King Abs! (you'll get this when you see it)
2. This movie may be the loudest I've heard in a long time (maybe because we were in third row?).
Superman's Dead" by Our Lady Peace on the radio stations. Get on that radio stations! Man of Steel is huge right now! Good tunes.
5. Clark has Russell Crowe as Superman's real dad and Kevin Costner as his adopted dad. Dang!
6. I love how Diane Lane looks so real in this movie. And still pretty.
7. Also absolutely loved Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Attention males: intelligence, confidence, and loyalty are sexy to Superman. The Man of Steel.
8. I have a taste for pancakes. (again, you will have to see this to understand this one :)
9. I teared up in one scene in the movie. I'm not saying which one as not to spoil...
10. What? The "S" isn't for Superman?!
11. Henry Cavill as Superman reminded me a little bit of USA volleyball player Matt Anderson. Though without the chin dimple and 9 inches shorter (and Cavill is 6'1"!).
12. After a character remarks to her colleague about Superman, "I think he's hot," a woman behind me said loudly, "Really hot." I may have silently agreed with her.
13. Wow. Clark puts on a pair of eyeglasses and no one recognizes him? C'mon! Hannah Montana had a better disguise than that!
14. My 8 year old son asked me what me favorite scene in the movie was. So I told him the truth. "The scene where his shirt is off."
Those are my random thoughts. Do I recommend the movie? Yes. Very entertaining. The only two flaws were the Zod/Superman fight scene was a little long and not enough shirtless scenes.
Did you see the movie? Will you see it?