Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Burnin' Up.

The lovely Susan Fields tagged me a fun, random meme many moons ago. Thank you, Susan, for the opportunity for a random, quirky Q&A. I'm also combining this with the Blog on Fire Award that I received from Julie Fedderson, especially since the first question is hot, hot hot! Thanks, Julie!


Let's do this!


1. Do you think you're hot? (this question struck me as odd, but I'll answer it anyway!)



I do I have to admit, I do think I'm hot occasionally, but when I'm all dressed up (which isn't too often). Confidence is okay, right? But most of the time I feel like a regular middle-aged mom. Which I'm proud to be!

2. Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.

I have a similar northern lights background on my computer. I've had it since I got the laptop 4-5 years ago. It's pretty! I have seen the northern lights. Beautiful!

Photobucket


3. When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Last night I made a chicken recipe in the crockpot with Russian dressing and apricot preserves for my dad and stepmom. It was yummy!

4. The song(s) you listened to most recently?

Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO because it reminds me of my recent Florida trip with the girls.
And I do enjoy it even though it's not my usual hard rock. You can't help but dance to it!

5. What were you thinking as you were doing this?

My kids are SO loud!

6. Do you have nicknames?

Many call me Kel. When I was younger, my parents called me Smel. And a few friends call me Kmp!


I'm supposed to tag others for the meme, but I get uncomfortable doing that for some reason. I will, however, give the Blog on Fire award to Jimmy Garcia. Go to his blog to find out why. I've also won other awards in the past few months from awesome people, thank you! Forgive me for not writing them down when I read them! I'm an airhead that way! They are appreciated!!

If you'd really love to answer these randoms, please do and consider yourself tagged!

Also, I have a comedian up at the Book Recs of the Rock and Famous today! Check and see what inappropriate question I asked him!
Lastly, I'm going to ask you all the same question Susan did. Do you have any nicknames? Tell me in the comments!

29 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be confident in your hotness, Kelly! And if the kids are too loud, just crank your tunes.
Congratulations on the award!

Charlie said...

One thing on my list is to see the northern lights. I couldn't see them from Texas!

I don't play tag either, and I'm ignoring the first question, but there's a random picture of a forest on my computer, I had chicken Saturday, Heart of the Sunrise by Yes, I'm thinking of getting off my ass and making coffee, and my nicknames... I'll let the masses decide those! :)

Kristi said...

Kelly, loved your answers! And I'm with Alex---be confident in your hotness! :)

Also-I've had quite a few unfortunate nicknames--Krust, Krusty, Krispy, Kiki...just to name a few.

salarsenッ said...

I love the photo you're using. Beautiful!! It makes me feel calm yet hopeful.

It was great to hear more things about you!!

Bish Denham said...

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights. As for a nickname, people have tried to cutesify Bish, which is odd to me. Isn't Bish enough of a nickname already? :)

MG Higgins said...

Your PARENTS called you Smel? Really? Holy moly. I think I like your parents, they must be funny people. My most common nickname is Mel.

julie fedderson said...

You embrace your hotness, girl! I totally listen to hard rock because that's the only thing that will drown out the noise of two little boys.

Tony Van Helsing said...

When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Excellent answer to the first one. That strikes me as odd as well but you handled it marvelously, as you do most things!

Suzanne Casamento said...

You're hot! Combine it with your super fun personality and your super hot! :)

Christina Lee said...

Oh you're on HAWT mama, KEL!!! :D

Kelly Polark said...

Alex - If I cranked up the tunes, their voices would only get louder! (I've tried it. :) I guess I could just put on earphones!
Charlie - Can I name you Chuckles since I assume your full name is Charles? :)
Krusty- That's a long list of nicknames. I just hope I remember them next time I visit your blog. :)
Sheri - I agree. It's a beautiful calming photo. I love nature photographs.
Bish - I can't remember if you told us, is Bish short for something??
Mel - They called me Smel so much, that I never blinked an eye when they did. It became a term of affection! And yes, they are funny people!
Julie - Yay for hard rockers!!!
Tony - Last night!!! Oh, wait. Now I just had it again for lunch!
Tina - Thank you. I felt awkward answering it!
Suz - You are sweet. I hope that when someone meets me in person they don't discover I'm actually boring...:)
Christina - Thank you! I'll try and embrace it.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Great answers! I love reading these questions and answers--they're such fun. And that chicken dish sounds really interesting.

inluvwithwords said...

Loving that northern lights wallpaper!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you won the award. From the pictures of you going to concerts, I think you look great and there's nothing wrong with confidence.

I love the northern light wallpaper.

Funny questions but it's fun getting to know you better.

Sher A. Hart said...

Hey, finally stopping by from the campaign. I was hoping to read campaign challenge 2, but this is fun too. Some of my friends called me Ann, my middle name, so now you know what the A in Sher A Hart stands for. That's my pun name, pieces of my real name, because I liked how it sounds. We got to see the Northern Lights in Alaska. Awesome. I like music too, but I'm more an Enya and Sarah Brightman fan. If you read my entry, its #52. There's also a chocolate contest tab on my blog you can click through.

Lydia Kang said...

Be hot, and be proud!

I have a couple of nicknames that most people don't call me anymore. Lydster. Skiddoo. Squidia. Not a fan of that last one, let me tell ya.

Susan Fields said...

I thought that first question was odd, too, but it was fun to see how different people answered it!

I have many nicknames: Sudsy Sue, Sud, Suzy are the first that pop to mind.

cleemckenzie said...

Kmp is the hardest one for me to pronounce. I'll never in the world share my nickname. I couldn't live that one down.

Jemi Fraser said...

The northern lights are incredible! Great photo :)

I don't really have any nicknames now, but when I was in high school, some of my friends called me Finnegan for some reason... :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the wallpaper. We don't see the northern lights anymore. Too much light pollution.

Yum for #3. Do you have any leftovers? :D

#5. I'm ALWAYS thinking that (about mine). :P

Rena said...

Congrats, Kelly!

Samantha Vérant said...

Kelly, kel, kel- you ARE hot! On fire!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Great answers! I love your northern lights - so beautiful!

Marcia said...

No nickname. I wanted one when I was a kid because nicknames were in, but now I'm just as glad I never had one. Although, sometimes my name got shortened to Marsh, which for a brief while in jr. high became "Swamp"...

Missed Periods said...

I think you're hot!

My dad calls me Jen Cakes on occasion.

Kelly Polark said...

Cynthia - It sounds odd, but it's really good!
Inluv- It's so pretty!
Natalie - Yes, very random questions!
Sher- How wonderful to see the northern lights in Alaska! I bet it was spectacular!
Oh, Lydster, I promise never to call you Squidia. (again) :)
Susan - Thanks for the fun meme, Suds!
Lee- Now you have me intrigued!
Jemi - Finnegan is a cute one!
Stina - Three kids and two dogs mae for a very loud house at times!
Thanks, Rena!
Oh, Sam. Thanks, girl.

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations, Kelly!

Nice wallpaper.

I haven't let people call me Terry since I was two-years old. I have one aunt that calls me Reesie. It's kind of sweet.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Cute post Kelly - would you believe that I actually just changed my wallpaper away from that about a week ago? LOL love those northern lights:)