Monday, August 29, 2011

Random Thoughts About the VMA's

Last night was the Mtv Video Music Awards. Which shocks me every year as Mtv hardly airs many music videos anymore. And I LOVE music videos.

Here's my usual Random Thoughts While Watching the VMA's.

Click here for a complete list of winners (who do I look like, Riki Rachtman?).

1. Gaga totally reminds me of Ralph Macchio in the Outsiders. Do it for Johnny! (but lose the cigarette...)

2. The Biebs doesn't seem too thrilled in the audience...

3. Yay, Foo Fighters! They won best Rock Video for "Walk" which was based on the movie "Falling Down." Great tune. I heart Dave Grohl.

4. My fave quote of the night: "Never lose faith in real rock 'n' roll music." - Dave Grohl

5. Paul Rudd is all over the place lately. What a cutie. Slappin' da bass!

6. Whoa! Quick wardrobe change for Katy Perry! (which I should know from Jon Arntson's Katy Perry concert review.)

7. I just found out that my hubby is an Adele fan and has her CD in his truck. Who knew?!

8. Wow! Can't believe that Bieber beat out Eminem! The specs are kind of cute.

9. Surprised to see Chris Brown here. Doesn't anyone hold any grudges against woman beaters??? And how does Dave Grohl feel about Chris lipsyching to a Nirvana song??

10. Cute Britney montage!

11. Beyonce is an amazing performer as always. And if you haven't heard, she's preggers!

12. Is Jared Leto wearing a skirt? And a mini mullet? Take off those shades, Jared, and show us your baby blues!

13. And I wish Gaga would have done a wardrobe change. Enough with the Andrew Dice Clay/Macchio impression.

14. Hunger Games trailer! Man, I wish it was longer and showed more of the movie! Can't wait!

15. What the H does Katy have on her head??? And I love the "Firework" video. And song.

16. As always, not enough rock 'n' roll at this awards show.

Anyone else watch the VMA's? What did you think?


AND IN BLOGGING NEWS:
I've joined the Campaign! I feel all warrior-like saying that. I've seen the Campaign badge all over the blogs lately, so I decided to join forces with you all to build our platforms, support one another, meet new blog friends, and take over the blogging world!!! (cue maniacal laughter)

If you'd like to join forces with us, go to Racheal Harrie's blog and join in by August 31! Who's with me??