Thursday, December 29, 2016

What I Read, Watched, and Rocked Out to in 2016



My blog has been rather dormant this year, but I have not been! I've been busy teaching kindergarten, editing my middle grade novel, being a distributor for It Works health and wellness products, momming my three awesome kids, and all this below!

Here is my annual list of what I read, watched, and rocked out to!

BOOKS READ
I mostly read in the summer or on school breaks, so the list isn't as long as I'd like, but I read some amazing books this year!

ROOM by Emma Donoghue  (need to still see the movie!)

YES, PLEASE by Amy Poehler

ONE TO KEEP by Tia Louise

ELEANOR AND PARK by Rainbow Rowell

WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON by John Green and David Levithan

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING by Nicola Yoon

BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE by Maggie Steifvater

SIGN OF THE GREEN DRAGON By C. Lee McKenzie

THIS ONE MOMENT By Stina Lindenblatt

SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS by Ann Brashares 

THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Steifvater

PERFECT TIMING By Robin Mellom

SEVEN DEADLY SINS by Corey Taylor
 
THANKS FOR THE MONEY by Joel McHale
Oh! And looky! Here's me with that handsome and hilarious author/actor Joel McHale!
 
 
MOVIES WATCHED
I am happy to report that I read more books than watched movies this year!
 

Grease Live on Fox

Daddy’s Home

Trainwreck

Civil War

Magic Mike XL

The Secret Life of Pets

The Legend of Tarzan

Batman vs Superman

Bad Moms

Rogue One (Sigh. Very sad about Carrie Fisher.)
 
CONCERTS ATTENDED
And you know my huge passion for my rock music. Concerts are my therapy for sure. Here are the bands I saw live this year! (And a sidenote: been dancing to George Michael tunes for the last few days. What a loss for the music world!)
Justin Bieber  (yes, I have a teenage daughter)
Skillet (a five dollar concert- man, they rocked it!)
Buckcherry - 5 times!  (my total count of Buckcherry shows is 15 now)
Sebastian Bach
Me and the Buckcherry boys
 
Goo Goo Dolls/Safety Suit
Click HERE to see me singing with Doug, the lead singer of Safety Suit! :)
 
 
WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS, MOVIES, AND CONCERTS OF 2016?