Monday, February 11, 2013

Random Thoughts While Watching the Grammy Awards

I love music, so I had to watch the Grammys last night. Here are my random thoughts while watching...
And if you want to know the winners, check here. (Who do I look like, KK Cool P?)

1. Grammys intro featured many animated hands in the crowd throwing the devil horns   Though the Grammy awards doesn't feature much rock 'n' roll. Duuuude! More rock 'n' roll, please!!

2. Taylor Swift's white outfit and boots look ever so cute. Like ever. Though the creepy guy on the tricycle has the maniacal laugh of Tom Cruise.

3. I cannot stand that Rihanna is back with Chris Brown, but she looks gorgeous in her red lips and dress!

4. LL Cool J is cute, but a bit dry. Need a funnier host!

5. JLo is Jolieing!

6. Adele, of course! She is amazing. I wanted Kelly Clarkson to win, but Adele is pretty amazing.

7. NPH! Love him! He's legen...wait for it...dary!

8. Random fact: When I first heard FUN. on the radio, I thought it was Tracy Chapman singing.

9. John Mayer's head is twice the size of Bonnie Rait's.

10. Not a country fan, but Tim McGraw and Faith Hill make a super hot couple.

11. Three words: Johnny Depp's cheekbones!

12. I love me some JT, but "Suit and Tie" is not my fave song of his...

13. Dave Freaking Grohl!!!!!!

14. Why aren't any of the Best Rock Performance nominees real ROCK bands?!!!!

15. Lose the shirt, Adam!!! (Great duet with Alicia Keys.)

16. This Kelly was rooting for Kelly! Woot! Great acceptance speech. What a voice!

17. Did you know that Bruno Mars is 5'5'? The crowd was loving his song with Sting!

18. PRINCE! (He's 5'2".) One of the most talented musicians ever!

19. I see that Halestorm won best Hard Rock/Metal Performance, but it wasn't aired. What the H?!

20. Finally! Tom Morello, Travis Barker, and Chuck D! Argh! Performance is cut off...Can you tell that I'd love to see more rock 'n' roll on this awards show?

What did you think of the Grammys?

23 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, I only watched a couple minutes of it. Your comment about Dave Grohl made me chuckle though.

Theresa Milstein said...

Rihanna is dating Chris Brown again? Ugh.

SA Larsenッ said...

Nope. I didn't watch. I am a major music lover, but it seems like there's too much personal drama in the industry, lately. I really don't care who's dating who and so on. That's just me though. Great list!!

Kimberly Franklin said...

I didn't watch last night, but I did see Taylor's white dress, and it was very pretty! I wish I could wear something like that! HA!!

Gina C said...

i didn't get a chance to watch, but getting all the recaps in this morning. funny take :)

Kim Kasch said...

Didn't see it. I was watching DA. But now I feel like I'm all caught up. And I've always loved Tim and Faith. :D

Kas said...

I didn't watch, but I did see that Halestorm won and was super stoked for them... and am sad now that it wasn't aired. Rock deserves a little limelight, too!!

Bish Denham said...

I saw bits and pieces of if. What I notices most is that (at least for the numbers I saw) the stage sets were so elaborate or lighted in such a way that the musicians and singers were nearly invisible. I get a bit overwhelmed with all the STUFF going on on stage. The one song with the Elton John and young guy was kind of refreshing because it was just them.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sorry didn't watch it. But I can see why you'd really enjoy it. And I really liked hearing your tidbits. I agree that Prince is an amazing musician.

Lydia Kang said...

I could not have summarized it better! I must always come here for my Grammys wrap up!

Rena and Denny said...

We got rid of our TV to save money, so I didn't watch it. I did get a laugh from some of your Tweets though, especially "Dave Freaking Grohl!!!" Hahaha!

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! Love your thoughts. I didn't get the chance to watch them, but I heard about some of this on the radio this morning. Have to laugh about JLo pulling a Jolie. Bleh. :)

Christina Farley said...

I missed it but who needs to watch it if I can just come to your blog. You always give great reports.

Tamara said...

I thought it was utterly ridiculous that "Call Me Maybe" was nominated for a bunch of different awards. Not sure if it won any, cause I didn't watch the whole thing but really--this is what we consider Grammy Material now????

Loved Fun's performance! They're awesome. :)

parfums said...

Nice blog
Parfum pas cher

Pk Hrezo said...

Prince puts on the best concerts ever! I love him.
I'm so out of touch with music of today. It's sad. I knew very few of these artists. I'm stuck in my generation... guess i got old. lol

DEZMOND said...

McGraw and Hill indeed are one hot hot hot couple!

LTM said...

aww, MAN!!! It sounds like I missed a great show! I would've loved to see that T. Swift intro. And J'Lo was sending out the leg??? I was just teasing Matt about being LL Cool M! Glad to know folks might get that reference... LOL! :D

I hate John Mayer. I love that Taylor Swift calls him out in song. And I also hate that Rhianna's back w/CB...

OK, I could go on and on and on--thanks for the recap, KK Cool P... what does that mean??? :D Happy V'day~ <3

Jemi Fraser said...

I caught bits and pieces of the Grammy's - but I did more listening than actual watching... (story of my life...). It was fun :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I hope we can still be friends....I didn't watch the awards show...any of them. (hangs head in shame)

I've been playing nursemaid to my casted, crutched teenager...and editing...

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I didn't catch the Grammy's--just the snippet off the news.
But your #9 cracked me up!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

I don't watch much TV so it's very rare that I catch an awards show, but I adored your commentary on the Grammys. You crack me up. I also hate that Chris and Rihanna are back together. Boo! Also, I would've thought Bruno was shorter than that. He always looks so small!

Also Halestorm won and they didn't feature them???? Are you kidding me?????? What is up with that? That irks me. Halestorm is awesome. So disappointed in the Grammys.

Tony Van Helsing said...

I had no idea Bonnie Raitt's head was so small.