Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top 7 of 2011

Happy freaking new year. No, really, I hope it's a great one! :)
Today is a post of reflections on the past year. What did I read, watch, and listen to in 2011? Tell me your faves of 2011 in the comments!
Why Top 7 and not 11? Because I care about you and your time. I'm a giver, people.
Top 7 Songs of 2011
7. "Walk" by Foo Fighters
6. "The Sound of Winter" by Bush
5. "Buried Alive" by Avenged Sevenfold
4. "Race You to the Bottom" by New Medicine
3. "Planetary (Go!)" by My Chemical Romance
2. "Burn" by Papa Roach
1. "This is Gonna Hurt" by Sixx: A.M.
Bonus fave pop song "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
Top 11 Books Read in 2011
(in no particular order, I couldn't stop at seven)
I was so happy to read many books by fellow bloggers/tweeters this year. And the best part? I loved them! Here are my top eleven faves in alphabetical order by author's last name.
The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger, Untraceable by Shelli Johannes, Possession by Elana Johnson, On Writing by Stephen King, A Scary Good Book by Anita Laydon Miller, The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker, The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan, The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander, Forever by Maggie Steifvator, When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, Nightshade City by Hilary Wagner.
Top 7 Movies watched in 2011
Breaking Dawn Part One (I didn't love Eclipse movie, but this was better, especially ending)
Bridesmaids
The Change Up
Christmas Vacation with my kids for the first time
Elf for the umpteenth time
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 (sniff...)
Horrible Bosses
Can you tell I love comedies or book adaptations?!
Also, thank you to Sherrie Peterson for the A Great and Terrible Beauty book I won at her blog. Plus I won Wildefire at Literary Rambles from Natalie and Casey! Thanks, ladies! What a wonderful way to start the year.
What are your faves of 2011?
Here's one of my fave songs of 2011 by MCR (I've already posted my first two faves on the blog at some point). "If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't let go..."