Thursday, September 15, 2011

This and That Thursday

Is it Thursday already? How can that be?



LIFE
1. I may be MIA from blogland next week. Three of my friends from high school and I are going to Florida for a girly getaway. We've never done anything like this before. I know it will be a blast! I will miss my kiddos though. It's hard to tear me away from them. But sun and fun with my girlies is going to be crazy fun! I'm debating whether or not to bring my computer though...




2. I am LOVING my mornings in the kindergarten class. It is so great to be back in the classroom and making a difference. The children are filled with such joy, I smile all morning long.


WRITING


My arm has been twisted, and I will be doing Nano for the first time this year. I'm slightly scared but mostly pumped, because I know our book's first draft will be finished by the end of November. Who's with me?!


BLOGGING


This week at Book Recs of the Rock & Famous I have a True Blood hunk and a fantastic, thorough interview about books with the Goo Goo dolls drummer, Mike Malinin. It's so interesting to see what actors and musicians read. It gives a different insight into their personalities. Check my new blog out HERE!


Thank you to Cori Jackson for the Amazon gift card I won on her blog! I promptly bought Possession by Elana Johnson and Forever by Maggie Stiefvator. My mom has already abducted Forever to read, and I will be reading Elana's book on the beach next week. If I can wait til then...


Have a fabulous weekend!