Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Bird Day to Me!

Tweet! Tweet!

Guess what? My children's nonfiction book about birds is now available online!

WORDS ON BIRDS is a collaboration between my dad and me that we had been talking about for years. It is finally here! My dad is an award-winning nature photographer whose work has been in many magazines and catalogs.

About WORDS ON BIRDS:
Interesting facts about common American birds are set to rhyme for easy reading and enjoyment in this picture book. Young readers will be introduced to fourteen backyard birds in an entertaining manner. The beautiful, bright photographs will further entice them in wanting to search their own backyard for these lovely creatures.

The book is now available in paperback and will be available in hardcover in a week or two!

Perfect book for the summer! Read then spot and identify these birds in the backyard! Also, super primary teacher gift, too!

You can purchase it here.

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Kelly! Wow, you do write a variety of genres.

Kelly Polark said...

Alex- Apparently I do! :) This will probably be my only nonfiction though as mostly I wanted to collaborate with my dad! So excited to have a book with him!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome! How completely cool to collaborate with your dad. My dad was a huge bird lover too :)

cleemckenzie said...

I'm very excited for you, Kelly. What a great collaboration. I can think of no better one than a dad and a daughter.

DEZMOND said...

tweeted about it like a good twitting bird that me is :)

Suzanne Casamento said...

This book sounds amazing! I'll have to get it for my bird loving niece. Congratulations!

Leigh Covington said...

Congrats Kelly! This is so exciting! My kids would love this. We are a bit of bird watchers and they love nonfiction stuff like this. :)

sherriepetersenbooks.com said...

This looks gorgeous! What a great idea to collaborate with your dad. Congratulations to both of you!

Marcia said...

How special to collaborate on this with your dad. Congrats to you both!

Shelley Sly said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love birds. Bookmarking this to check out sometime later. Congrats!