Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013



is so last year.
But a good one! I started working full days in Early Childhood this year. First time working a full school day since I had kids. It's so wonderful to see a child grow and learn so much in one year. Two picture books were released (ROCKABET and HOLD THE MUSTARD!). Thank you so much for your support! We took fun family vacations to Wisconsin, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Utah and Arizona. And three of my three children are currently playing on basketball teams (my favorite sport to watch!). So it was a busy year!

So busy I only read 14 books (but enjoyed them!).

Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Make It Morning by Jody Bainter
Tenth of December by George Saunders
The Truth About Letting Go by LTM
Alligators Overhead by C. Lee McKenzie
Life of Pi
Safe Haven
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Dragonfly by Leigh T. Moore
Fingerprints by Suzanne Casamento
All of You Christina Lee
Indiestructable Edited by Jessica Bell
Undertow by Leigh T. Moore


I watched these movies (as you can tell, comedies are my favorite).

Ted
Escape from Planet Earth
Life of Pi
The Hobbit
Monsters University
Man of Steel
One Direction: This Is Us (twice!)
The Croods
Despicable Me 2
Dumb and Dumber
This Is The End
GrownUps
GrownUps 2
Catching Fire
R.I.P.D.

And went to these concerts (as you can tell, Papa Roach is my favorite).

Papa Roach/Stone Sour/Otherwise
Maroon 5/Neon Trees/Owl City
30 Seconds to Mars
Papa Roach/Otherwise
Daughtry/Three Doors Down
Lita Ford/Dokken/Winger/Sebastian Bach/Ratt (see Kip Winger below!)
 
Papa Roach/Shinedown
P!NK/New Politics
Daughtry
 
 
Bought these new albums (all awesome but 2 faves are Buckcherry & Mike Sanchez).
Love Lust Faith + Dreams by 30 Seconds to Mars
Stars and Hotel Bars by Mike Sanchez
Confessions by Buckcherry
Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold
Baptized by Daughtry

What were your favorite books, movies and music in 2013?

12 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Such a hard question!! You've got some awesome ones listed. My favourite movie would probably be Star Trek Into Darkness, my book probably Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis. But there are so many great ones!! Wishing you all the best for 2014!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You caught a lot more concerts than I did this year!
Listing my favorites on Monday.
Hope your 2014 is just as awesome.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad you had such an awesome year. Hope 2014 is just as great.

Two favorite books are Taken and All Our Yesterdays. So hard to pick since there were so many good ones.

Bish Denham said...

Oh my! I glad 2013 was a good year for you! I've read several of the books you have on your list, but seen none of the movies. (Except for Life of Pi via NetFlix) What does that say? :)

Favorite books the Monster Blood Tattoo series by D. M Cornish.

Here's to a fabulous 2014!

Marcia said...

In general, I had much easier time with favorites in 2012 than in 2013. We saw SAVING MR. BANKS on New Year's Eve and I really liked it.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful 2013. I loved Starters by Lissa Price. I think it came out in 12, but I didn't buy it until last year. I've been waiting (not so) patiently for Enders to come out...

Hope 2014 brings you much happiness, Kelly!

SA Larsenッ said...

Okay, that is like the BEST pic of you!!! Love it.

Any idea how envious of you I am were concerts are concerned??? Holy, no one ever comes to Maine. Well, that's not totally true. It just seems when they do I can't go! Boo... Until that changes, I'll live through your fun, okay?

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm a big fan of comedies too.

Good luck working full time. I still find it to make life much more hectic than when I worked part time, but such is life.

I loved Wonder this year. Wonderful book.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I LOVED Frozen and Catching Fire. LOL Talk about being at the opposite end of the temperature scale.

Lydia Kang said...

Two picture books released! That is pretty awesome. :) Congratulations!

cleemckenzie said...

You are always in such glamourous company. Amazing. Thanks for letting Alligators Overhead be in your reading list. I really do appreciate that.

Here's to more reading and writing in 2014!

DMS said...

You had a wonderful year! Looks like you got to enjoy many areas of your life- and that is so important. I read Alligators Overhead and loved it, too. I had a lot of books that I read this year and enjoyed. The Real Boy by Anne Ursu was one of my favorites. :)

Have a fantastic 2014!
~Jess