Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Treat


Happy Halloween to you!

Halloween is big in the Polark household. In the photo above, we are battling over the Reese's peanut butter cups.

My 15 yr old blind dog Goofy and my 3 year old dog Daisy love getting dressed up. Can't you see the excitement in their eyes?  (Leia is thinking, "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.")









Other exciting Halloween happenings...I got to meet one of my teen heartthrobs last night. I attended a John Taylor book signing in Chicago with my friend Sue. John is the bassist of Duran Duran, and now author of In the Pleasure Groove: Love, Death, and Duran Duran. John read some excerpts from his book, told some entertaining stories, and even had a brief Q&A. John is quite charming and that British accent had everyone swooning.

John Taylor











I meet him for the first time. (big smile!)













He signs my book!













Enjoy the spooktacular, wolfmantastic festivities today. May the force be with you.
Are you dressing up today?

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Did you go all fangirl on him?
Costumes are great! Dogs look happy. Well, maybe not. Give them treats and they will be happy.

DEZMOND said...

ahah.... cute doggies :) The poor dog being blind is maybe a good thing for him in this case :)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Reese's peanut butter cups are worth battling over, in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, those are a couple of adorable pups! And so well behaved in their costumes. Awww! Happy Halloween!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Fun pictures! Sounds like you're having a fun Halloween.

Kelly Polark said...

Alex - I was a bit nervous meeting him! I can't believe I did! And yeah, the dogs are not fond of the costumes. They deserve extra treats!
Dezz- Ha! Yes, good that Goofy does not see how ridiculous they look!
Cynthia - I know, right? :) I didn't make the dogs wear the costumes too long... after the photo they tried taking them off anyway!
Natalie - Halloween is so chaotic but so fun!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Taylor is a first rate bass player. His lines were the backbone of Duran Duran.

Kim Kasch said...

So fun to meet your fanspiration :D

Not dressing up tonight - but I did for the Halloween run - Run Like Hell :D

Kelly Polark said...

Tony - Talented for sure! And a charming guy.
Kim- Fun! I love your running work ethic!

Bish Denham said...

It's always a thrill to meet one's heart throb. Sigh.... And nope, I didn't dress up.

Anita said...

KELLY, You rock! (P.S. My cat thinks your dogs look stupid...his words).

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Can you adopt me? I know I'm older than you, but I want to be part of your family...You guys are so much fun. :)

James Garcia Jr. said...

Wow! How cool is that? I was all 80's hair metal, but still thought Duran Duran was pretty cool. Great videos, too. That was back when you could sit before MTV all day and just watch videos. *sigh*
My cat was on the bed, looking over my shoulder. He wasn't too impressed with the dogs either. Let's see how brave he acts were those dogs in the same room with him, however. ;)

-Jimmy

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh my gosh you live such an exciting life, Kelly! You have a long, long, long list of celebs you've gotten to meet in person! Yay, you!

Love the costumes--you make a great Princess Leia, and so does your pooch!

Ange

The Happy Whisk said...

What fantastic photos. Love the pups.